New Laptop

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy

New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

New Laptop

Post by New Gal »

Finally got my new laptop last night and I LOVE IT!!!!

Its Sony Vaio, 15.4 ins LCD screen 3Gb RAM250Gb Hard DriveIntel Pentium Dual Core T3400 ProcessorIntel Graphics Accelerator 4500MDVD, what that all means I do not know, what I do know is that its PINK AND GORGEOUS!!

Just have to set it all up as I didn't get chance to do that, the-kitchen-that-will-never-be-done was stressing me out and I nearly committed three murders so by the time my temper had burnt out it was my bedtime.

But I think it may just be love peeps, its so cute!

What I did want to ask some of you though was whether or not I could use a O2 dongle out there if I was to get a Voda sim out there? I managed to blag one for free and when I asked the bloke if it would work in Hurghada (after explaining where Hurghada was, how can you not know :x :x :x , idiot) he seemed to think that as long as the sm gets swapped it should be ok?

Can anyone help?? Thanks guys! x

Dignity comes not from control, but from understanding who you are and taking your rightful place in the world.
Hurghada Lady
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Hurghada Lady »

I am not sure on this but, I did read an article about a woman who had bought a vodaphone dongle which was locked to vodaphone, she had it unlcoked and it now it works on Etisalat.

Can't you check in England to see if it is locked and if someone can unlock it, if it is?
New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by New Gal »

Hurghada Lady wrote:I am not sure on this but, I did read an article about a woman who had bought a vodaphone dongle which was locked to vodaphone, she had it unlcoked and it now it works on Etisalat.

Can't you check in England to see if it is locked and if someone can unlock it, if it is?
Hello and thanks for that. I did go to the O2 shop yesterday and ask there and they seem to think itwill work by just putting a Voda sim in it when I get over there.
Dignity comes not from control, but from understanding who you are and taking your rightful place in the world.
Hurghada Lady
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Hurghada Lady »

Why don't you try another companies sim in it in England and see if it works with any other networks first, if it does then it will work here. ;)
New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by New Gal »

Will do, thanks
BBLUX

Post by BBLUX »

Not too sure about the dongle question. I have O2 and Fran has Voda here. I swapped the sims and they didn't work :(
However, in Egypt everyhing is possible :roll:

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by New Gal »

Hi BBLux, nice to see you over this side!

Hope Fran is ok, pass on my love please.

I haven’t had much chance at all to swap sims or anything, will try asap but thanks for the advice xxx