Updates on Tourism

Get the best advice about your holiday in Hurghada, Sharm el Sheikh, Marsa Alam, El Gouna, Safaga and other parts of the Red Sea.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy

LovelyLadyLux

Updates on Tourism

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Hey all - any updates on tourism now? Low? Getting back to normal? Normal?

Hurghada Lady
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Hurghada Lady »

Still very low LLL, have heard that Easyjet cancelled some flights also, don't know how true that is.
LovelyLadyLux

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Hi - I hope the tourists are starting to come back. Have there been any incidents happening in the Red Sea area?

Have been reading on the Blue and Green about a few incidents of criminal activity towards tourists and/or 'foreigners.' Anything like that happening in your area?
Hurghada Lady
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Hurghada Lady »

Not really, we have thefts etc. A Policeman left his motorbike for 20 minutes came back it had been stolen. We have police protesting and people after land etc., by the Council Offices, Mayors house and Governors house. The Egyptians that own shops are taking it in turns to protect their business's, sitting up all night with sticks and knives at the ready. We have been told that some of the prisoners that were released from prisons in Cairo came down here, they are the ones stealing.

Saying that there is a different atmosphere, my husband had to go to Cairo last Sunday, he refused point blank to take me and also refused to drive up there. He said he didn't feel comfortable or safe for himself let alone having me with him! He flew up with Egypt Air and came back a couple of hours later, normally we drive up and spend the day shopping. While we are talking flying, the flights have gone right up!!! He had to pay 900le, he only used to pay around 300le one hell of a jump there!
Jayway
Portugal

- - - - - -

Post by Jayway »

Well, I am happy he came home safe after a couple of hours Hurghada Lady. Hope you will be safe there in Hirghada. I cant find anything about newly cancelled flights of Easyjet, please post again if you find any more info? :) :D
Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine »

Im glad he is safe HL, the price hikes are horrendous honey, and i see Thomsons , Thomas Cook etc are all expensive as well.
Im guessing they must all be trying to recover some losses from January/Febuary, when hardly anything flew at all :(
Hurghada Lady
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Hurghada Lady »

Christine wrote:Im glad he is safe HL, the price hikes are horrendous honey, and i see Thomsons , Thomas Cook etc are all expensive as well.
Im guessing they must all be trying to recover some losses from January/Febuary, when hardly anything flew at all :(
Thank you both, he came back safe but what about my shopping trip ??? :x Apparently Carrefour at Maadi is still closed, well the whole of the Mall is closed, they looted absolutely everything within an hour.......thinking about it I could have done that single handed, wouldn't that have been fun ;)

When are you back Christine?
Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine »

:lol: :lol: I would have gladly given you a hand, i reckon i could be quite good at looting ;)
Im not sure when im back yet hon, the renal unit is keeping us waiting for updates on where Alan is on the transplant list, once they give us some sprt of plan, i will be in a better position to make some plans of my own :) :)
Must must must visit Lux this year though or i will be in deep poo :!: :roll:
Netyoda

Post by Netyoda »

We're intending to visit Lux soon as well but the advice we're getting so far is to leave it for a bit.
Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine »

Mmmm similar advice to mine then, my lot would normally be really keen for me to be visiting, but having spoken to 2 lots of em this week, they are saying " wait " ............thats good enough for me, im waiting ;)
Jayway
Portugal

--- - - - - -

Post by Jayway »

Never mind, I am thinking of a tour in Japan, cant believe how fast they are clearing up and even though the reactor is leaking they dont seem very worried about that at all . . . just blows away I suppose - - -