Packing!

Get the best advice about your holiday in Hurghada, Sharm el Sheikh, Marsa Alam, El Gouna, Safaga and other parts of the Red Sea.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy

Winged isis

Post by Winged isis »

If you have ever had the padlock cut off your suitcase after it left you at an airport, you know how reassuring it is to have a replacement. :)

You are lucky to have someone to loan you things, saves weight and worry.

I thought we would be in Luxor when I come over in September, but my husband has just got a new job offer in Hurghada, so he is going to give it a try for a month or so. So now I am in your shoes deciding what to bring. :bs:

Cozdragon

Post by Cozdragon »

Isis,

I've not left the country in 18 years...the furthest I went was Scotland which was an hour flight, and I only took hand luggage...

And yes I am very lucky to have someone there...But he's the primary reason i'm going,,i don't think i'd have had the guts to do this otherwise....And it's nice not to be worrying about the stupid stuff that i KNOW i'll forget, although given the weight of my suitcase when I packed yesterday it may not have had as much impact as it should have...i sense some repacking at the weekend....;) I hope that you sort out what to take,,i'll update you when I get back...but since i've not gone yet i don't even want to THINK about that.

:lol:

Cx
Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine »

Hey WI, like i said on another thread good to see you here!
Just take what you usually would to Luxor hon, but more wraps for the beach etc.
There is a cool breeze most nights , but then there is on the nile isnt there so no change there either :lol:
Just be aware that some of the backstreets in Hughada are not as well paved as some of them are in luxor, so highheels could pose a falling down problem :lol:
How long are you staying, im out in early Oct, so we could possibly meet up? x
Cozdragon

Post by Cozdragon »

Hi all

thanks for the advice...i had everything i needed and didn't forget a thing. and to say i had an amazing time is an understatement. i think the biggest indicator is that i've been sitting here looking at flight details to go back, before i've even unpacked the suitcase.

WI a couple of scarves for the evening is a plan...it does cool down a little although i know someone who will disagree ;) and the no heels thing is really good advice...i took wedge heels but never wore them...although the sea urchin spines in my ankle had some weight in that decision..and if there's any space in your suitcase i'm more than happy to occupy it if you don't mind taking me with you.

Have a great time...i'm not at all jealous ;)

Cx
Cozdragon

Post by Cozdragon »

I do realise I'm now talking to myself...but I learnt something else, and remembered it this morning...so thought i'd add it for when i go back - whenever that may be....

DO NOT wear tops with metal studs in when travelling through Gatwick...nor do I recommend Triumph special spring loaded shock absorber bras...they set off all the metal detector sensors...

Cx
Jayway
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

Cozdragon , is the Triumph shock absorber bra a joke ?- - tell me before I go to the shop to buy one, please ?
Netyoda

Post by Netyoda »

No joke, it's a bra with McClaren suspension built in ;)
Cozdragon

Post by Cozdragon »

Jayway wrote:Cozdragon , is the Triumph shock absorber bra a joke ?- - tell me before I go to the shop to buy one, please ?

No joke...it's for real. It's a bra with springs at the ends of the under wire. It means they move so you don't get stabbed by them...designed for the larger than average busted lady...

Mr Cooper - it's mercedes engineering...i only have the best :P comes of being a posh Surrey bird. ;)

Cx
Winged isis

Post by Winged isis »

Thanks fpr the advice Coz, we decided to go to Cairo instead, but will keep it in mind for when I next go to H. ;) I learnt my first visit to the Black Land about wearing low heels when out and about, day or night. Egyptian streets are not for the fashion-conscious or the faint-hearted!
Cozdragon

Post by Cozdragon »

i dunno...the streets of Hurghada seemed a whole (or should that be hole ;) ) lot safer than some of the streets i've walked down in the UK. I actually managed not to fall over on them once while i was out!

Glad you had a good time WI...one day i'll make Cairo..and a whole other list of places.

Cx
Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine »

Send me ya list CD and we can work through it going all over the place together hon ;)
Cozdragon

Post by Cozdragon »

lol when i've worked it out i'll let you know.

desperate to go to china...but everyone seems to think that's a bad plan given what food i'll eat...

thailand, goa, india, sri lanka, madagascar are all places ive dreamed of going...but then dreams are never the same in reality are they? madagascar's the one i'd love to do...always wanted to see the lemurs in their home.

Cx
Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine »

Impressive list, count me in ;)
Cozdragon

Post by Cozdragon »

LOL....well you know...took me 18 years to leave the country ... so don't hold your breath that it will happen next week...

anywhere you want to add to the list?

Cx
Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine »

Yep there is one place i love orangutans so would like to go to Sumatra and visit the orang reserve and orphange, the thing is im likely to smuggle one out then we would get arrested, and i know its taken you an age to get ya bum on a flight but youve done it now so come on woman dont let it take another 18 years ! :lol:
Cozdragon

Post by Cozdragon »

Christine wrote:Yep there is one place i love orangutans so would like to go to Sumatra and visit the orang reserve and orphange, the thing is im likely to smuggle one out then we would get arrested, and i know its taken you an age to get ya bum on a flight but youve done it now so come on woman dont let it take another 18 years ! :lol:

you know what they say...a friend will come and bail you out, a good friend will be sat next to you in the cell saying "we may have screwed up, but boy did we have fun" ;)

Cx
Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine »

:lol: :lol: very true !
Cozdragon

Post by Cozdragon »

Cozdragon wrote:LOL. Ohhh a whole new set of things to worry about - I love it! ;) You do realise if I manage this I'm either going to holiday in cornwall for the rest of my life, or get the bug and be forever turning up?!

Cx

LMAO.....just logged in to remind myself about things I need to think about...and spotted this....oh how prophetic those words were!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)

And yes .... i'm going back!
I'm doing this: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Netyoda is doing this: :cc :cc

Cx
Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine »

And im doing this.......... :clap: :clap: :sd: you said you would do it and by jove youve done it ;)
Cozdragon

Post by Cozdragon »

I have indeed...and even persuaded the other half NOT to go to Cornwall again in October! So we are off somewhere brand new! :D

Cx