Touch screen or easy to use mobiles!!

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy

Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Touch screen or easy to use mobiles!!

Post by Christine »

I was having a natter with one of my forum buddies the other day and she mentioned that she had a new phone(show off!!) its a touch screen dooberry , mine is a good old ordinary motorola.
She then tells me she isnt technology minded, :lol: and neither am I, :oops: so i wondered if anyone has any funny/horror stories involving touch screen phones, or is the preference as mine now is, ( i will elaborate later) easy to use good old fashioned phones :?:

You know who you are :) oh yes you do ;)

Claire

Don't like touchscreen!

Post by Claire »

Of course my kids all have touchscreen phones but I can't use them. I did try and they respond too quickly for me!!! You can just scroll up and down but I kept whizzing past what i wanted. I suppose like everything else you get used to it but I think nearly all if not all the new phones are touch screen and as I always inherit my kids old phones my next one could well be a dreaded touch screen.
I like clicking the buttons when I text! I'm miss that on a touchscreen! :)
And my kids say I press on too hard so I would probably break my phone if I get one of those. My satnav is touchscreen tho and I manage with that except when it freezes!!!!
Susue

Post by Susue »

Yes... I hate to admit it.... but technology is definitely leaving me behind!
I use my phone for making calls and sending texts...... can't imagine doing all the other stuff on it....
BUT.... I remember when mobiles first came out.... they were the size of a small house, and weighed a ton.... and I was thinking "Who thinks they're so important that they have to be reached every minute?"

My first mobile was a heavy Motorola flip thing, on the Mercury network.... and I got 15 minutes A MONTH free on my contract!!

Aaaahhhh times have definitely changed!!!
Netyoda

Post by Netyoda »

I likked my Nokia E60 and E71 with their full keyboard, but I took a bath with them (don't ask) and a mate gave me his LG Viewty - touch screen, which I must admit, I loathed!

Have an iphone now and I do love it although it drives me wild sometimes !

The old Nokia 3320 and 6830's were solid dependable phones :D
Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine »

Claire and susue, im with you gals, i ahve a touch screen phone that lives in the depths of my handbag and my trusty motorola is my phone of choice, ive had motorola since i started using mobiles, and yes my first one was a hulking great thing, my next was bright blue and not much smaller, but things have progressed and now my latest one is a slim little black thing, but i like it.I keep the touch screen phone a s a back up, and it has a fabulous camera and video recorder on it so it still has its uses. :)
Cozdragon

Post by Cozdragon »

I always wanted a slidey phone..got one and killed it, got another and killed it...

I've now got a Samsung extreme tough thing..

Its chunky and rubberised...shock proof, water proof for twenty odd minutes - so I can take mine in the bath - thought I was the only one who did that!

It's also got a really handy torch - useful for me cos I'm completely blind in the dark...it's supposed to be unbreakable..US military standard...

In fact the only thing I DON'T like about it is the red rubber...I'd have much prefered blue..but that's a football thing..and the red is quite stylish I guess.

Cx
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

MY IPHONE is the best phone EVER, I LOVE it, ive never used a phone as much as i use this, well worth the money.
Karenh
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Karenh »

:lol: :lol: @ christine my phone is still driving me mad and so is my touchscreen mp3 every time i try to listen to a specific song it keeps flying past it! :) :oops:
A day without laughter is a day wasted! :lol: ;)
Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine »

Right well the reason im not too keen on the touch screen is the same as claire sue and KH, the flying past what you want thingy, but what really made me decide that maybe touch phones and I were not designed to be a good working arrangement was this.
A couple of summers ago a few of my buddies and i decided to go to the pub for a couple of drinks, it was a lovely sunny afternoon.
I rang my SIL and invited her as well, she said she would meet me there.
Well long story short she was late and i had got socially confused(******) quite quickly, but decided i should text her to see where she was.I sent "where are you " to what i thought was my SIL's phone, a few moments went buy and i started to recieve loads of texts.
1 Im on my way home why? (alan)
2 At home why? (emma, daughter)
3.You woke me up!!!( gary, friend in oregaon USA)
4. You have woken me whats wrong ( little sister USA)
5. I in egypt wear ar yoo ( gamal in luxor )
To name but a few.
It was about then i dceided to teeter in from the beer garden and see what the hell was going on with my phone.
I had scrolled down to find Sally (SIL) and had ticked every bloody box in the phone !!!
It was a choice, the vino or the touch screen, ha no contest the phone lives in the bottoom of my bag :lol:
Wellheld

Post by Wellheld »

No comment from HL yet, I wonder why lol.
Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine »

She's rooting around in the bottom of her bags to find her discarded touch phones too :lol: ;)
Karenh
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Karenh »

ha ha christine i wonder how many more of us have done that after one or two glasses of wine!!
Susue

Post by Susue »

LOL @ Chris...."socially confused" !!

I was told touch-screen phones make really good paperweights!! :)
Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine »

Oor in your case KH a couple of glasses of half way decent Brandy eh? ;)
Karenh
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Karenh »

:lol: :lol: @ christine you know me so well may even have one this evening
Annadongela

Post by Annadongela »

I've got a touch screen - LG renoir. I love it - the only thing I hate is you can't put it in your jeans pocket and then sit down or it totally knackers the screen - so you have to have it on the table etc and then there's the risk of leaving it behind.

Otherwise it's great - so used to it now I don't often need to use the stylus and just use a finger nail!