Weight loss thread.

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy

Susue

Weight loss thread.

Post by Susue »

Since so many of us made a resolution to lose weight for the new year, I thought it might be good to see who's sticking to it.

Also.... any hints or tips for weight loss are also welcome.

I've lost 2 lbs since Jan 1st.... and I'm determined.... Mr M has lost almost 2lbs too!!

We've voewd to go to the gym 3 times a week.... and I've been doing my Wii fit every day. Wii fit is good.... it nags you into submission!!!

I'm feeling very virtuous... I hope it lasts... still got almost 20lbs to go!!

CocoaButter
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by CocoaButter »

I look pregnant had a man get up from his seat for me to sit down :x not angry on his part thinking do all many women who marry end up whaley
Image Image
Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine »

Dont know that its got much to do with getting married but having kids dosent help your figure, well it didnt help mine i have always been a larger lady, but found it much harder to loose the weight once i had had my kids, so its thier fault :lol:
And now im at THAT time of life, i get forgetfull, i keep forgetting to put less on my plate and keep forgetting im meant to be watching what i eat!!
CocoaButter
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by CocoaButter »

Dont talk to me of time of the life i am going through it horrible ....it sucks !!!! i am on a steroid that does not help ,but since i was married i become a picker now and i cook a lot more and eat and pick inbetween and i even comfort eat ,to which is very bad .I used to be a very sporty person but as ill health prevailed and having a sick child i have allowed it to or things to take its toll .Does not seem to bother husband seems to like woman nice and round . :oops:
Image Image
Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine »

:) :) so does my hubby CCb, whch s just as well really :lol:
Nanny Ogg

Post by Nanny Ogg »

Well I joined Slimming World a year ago and have lost 4 stone 8 pounds so far even managed to loose a pound over Xmas!

It's a fab eating plan and so easy to stick to!
Susue

Post by Susue »

Wow.... nanny.... that's fantastic!! Congratulations!!
Weighing myself again tomorrow.... didn't go to the gym today as the roads are like sheet ice.... too risky!!
Did an hour's exercise on the Wii, though.

Mr M loves me as I am...but I still need to lose 20lbs for myself.... feel so sluggish when I'm overweight!!
Undutchable

Post by Undutchable »

I also have a mission to loose some kg over the next 4 months. I have started Tai-bo classes a month ago and it seems to be working. Can't tell you how much I have lost because I haven't been on a scale in a long time but I feel it in my clothes..................Just want to say to all of you out there.......Hang in there and keep going.........
Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine »

Whoo hoo!!!!!!!
Went for a BP check last week and simply by cutting out naughties ive lost 4lb since Christmas, so now that ive started i shall continue, sound like a contestant from mastermind dont i, but i dont care im going to loose some more now :) ;)
CocoaButter
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by CocoaButter »

i am losing it even in eating :?:
Image Image
Netyoda

Post by Netyoda »

Well done Christine, you need to move out here, I seem to lose weight despite stuffing my face here lol
Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine »

In all the years ive been coming to Egypt ive never gained weight while im there its all the fresh food i eat when im there, and ive stayed for varying periods of time , some long, some shorter, i walk and swim alot more than i do here.
When im here in the Uk i veg on the couch talking to you lot more than when im in Egypt.
Susue

Post by Susue »

Netyoda wrote:Well done Christine, you need to move out here, I seem to lose weight despite stuffing my face here lol

When I lived in Egypt I was my skinniest and fittest ever..... it's easy to eat healthy.... lots of fresh stuff.... and cheap!!
And.... with being a diving instructor...... climbing about on boats, lugging tanks and equipment around.... and being underwater actually burns 450 calories an hour!!

BUT.... I have managed to lose 5lb since January 1st..... no mean feat as my hypothyroid makes it difficult to lose weight....
But I'm also becoming addicted to the Wii fitness programs!! :skip:
Netyoda

Post by Netyoda »

Nice one Susue :D
CocoaButter
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by CocoaButter »

Me i am a doughnut :)
Image Image