Marsa Matrough

Advice, information and discussion about other parts of Egypt.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy

New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Marsa Matrough

Post by New Gal »

Anyone visited Marsa Matrough?

Dignity comes not from control, but from understanding who you are and taking your rightful place in the world.
Goddess

Post by Goddess »

Me!
The town is a bit like Hurghada used to be 10 years ago - but everywhere is spotlessly clean and the taxis are some of the nicest in Egypt for some odd reason. The sea is an amazing colour out that way - truly stunning - you could almost imagine you were in the caribbean with stunning white sand and crystal clear stunning coloured water.
In summer it's full of Egyptians on their hols and can be a bit daunting then - but go a bit out of season (not too much though as it can get a bit chilly) and go to an out of town beach, like Agiba, and you'll be amazed. Miles and miles of white sand and not a soul on them.
It hasn't seen many foreign tourists in the last ten years - but this is all due to change as it's started to be marketed by a few UK tour companies as an up and coming destination with big out of town hotels.
Woo Hoo!!!!! I've got a signature!
Claire

On my to visit list

Post by Claire »

I know people (Egyptians) who have been and I've seen some amazing photos. It looks really beautiful. I really want to go there. Next time! You coming with me NG?
Undutchable

Post by Undutchable »

Yes I also heard from Egyptians I know that it is supposed to be very nice there..... Have it on my wishlist for places to see in Egypt...
Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine »

Interesting velly interseting!!!!!!!
how far from Lux ??
Claire

Miles away!

Post by Claire »

Opposite direction I think so quite far from Luxor Christine. It's on the North Sea Coast along from Alexandria I think. It's usually spelt Marsa Matroh or Matruh or even Matrouh! LOL Google it and you should find some beautiful photos!
Goddess

Post by Goddess »

Yep Claire is right - it's about halfway between Alex and Libya on the North Coast. Takes about 3 and half hours from Alex.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mersa_Matruh

(Personally I like the Mersa Matrouh spelling - think it says it better!)
Woo Hoo!!!!! I've got a signature!
Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine »

Thankyou ladies i shall take a peak :)