Non Dairy

Find a selection of household tips and recipes for Egyptian Foods.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy

CocoaButter
V.I.P
V.I.P

Non Dairy

Post by CocoaButter »

cheeze sauce:

Blend until smooth:
1 c water
4 tbsp nutritional yeast
2 tbsp starch (cornstarch/tapioca starch/arrowroot, etc)
1 tbsp flour (we use rice flour bc we're off of gluten now too)
1 tsp something acidic~lemon juice/lime juice/applecider vinegar, etc
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic granules
Pour into a saucepan and stir over med heat until it thickens. When you're happy with the consistency, remove from heat and whisk in:

2 tbsp water
1 tbsp oil

tadaaaa, you have cheeze! works well drizzled on pizza, i'm sure it would work well in lasagna (we're not big pasta eaters, so havent tried it), makes a really nice dip, etc

and of course the flavour can be changed, depending on which spices you add.

My daughter is allergic to Dairy products and we have a tough time so mainly every thing is homemade if possible we buy non dairy products ,when we was in egypt we had this problem a lot ,but we laid off mainly things i assumed had milk in .
In england i am shop alot online ,even though supermarkets do a good range still not many is dairy free ,
http://worthenshaws.co.uk/index.php?s=1
they even will send abroad for where or you may recide .

i even found this very interesting and i am looking further into this
SWINE FLU PREVENTION
9th September 2009

The Daily Express on 18th August 2009 states, 'Coconut Oil Can Help Fight Off Swine Flu – VIRGIN coconut oil could be used as a natural defence against swine flu.

Brian Young, head of immunology at the Royal Bournemouth Hospital says the oil is full of immunity-boosting antiviral fats which means it could work as a safe alternative to Tamiflu, particularly for children. The H1N1 virus is developing a resistance to Tamiflu but it cannot protect itself against fatty acids.

Young believes that if taken regularly now, virgin coconut oil could help build up immunity before the expected increase in infection later this year. Further studies are in progress.'

Image Image
Scott

Post by Scott »

I'm sure that, if you look around enough, you will find someone telling you that birch-bark tea will keep the flu away.

Why not just take the shot - it's safer than riding in the car!!!

BTW, the H1N1 vaccine is the same that has been around for YEARS - successfully - it is simply tweaked each year for the current strains.

Best to all,
Scott
CocoaButter
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by CocoaButter »

Scott wrote:I'm sure that, if you look around enough, you will find someone telling you that birch-bark tea will keep the flu away.

Why not just take the shot - it's safer than riding in the car!!!

BTW, the H1N1 vaccine is the same that has been around for YEARS - successfully - it is simply tweaked each year for the current strains.

Best to all,
Scott
Hi ,thanx for that i looked it up its even used for this,
BIRCH BARK Use leaf tea for urinary problems and to expel intestinal worms. Has been used for rheumatism.

but i also saw this
YARROW ROOT This is an extremely valuable herb to have on hand at all times. Yarrow is unsurpassed for flu and fevers. When Yarrow Root is used at the beginning, a cold usually breaks up within 24 hours. Yarrow has a very healing and soothing effect on mucous membranes.
very interesting indeed i am interested into this so much because i have a daughter with a genetic illness and is progressing looking into alternative meds

http://www.perryton.com/herb.htm
Image Image