Dolly Shaheen embraced Islam

Egypt has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy

CocoaButter
V.I.P
V.I.P

Dolly Shaheen embraced Islam

Post by CocoaButter »

Does anyone remember this story and what was the update ,
many were worried of the abuse of religions to use to get out of something .

Dolly Shaheen embraced Islam and insist to be divorced from her husband
After all ways were failed to be divorced from her husband as the Christianity forbids divorce, The Lebanese singer Dolly Shaheen abuse Religious freedom that the constitution gave her and embraced Islam to be divorced.

Dolly shaheen recourse to the Egyptian courts to judge by divorce. She said that she was Catholic and her husband "Sas Selim Clip" is Maron. And by her embracing Islam, the marriage contract becomes void and null. Such abuses that Egyptians "Muslims and Christians" are suffering from are getting on both Muslims' and Christians' nerves. So, will the parliament interfere to stop such abuses of Religions or not? No one knows till now. Such abuses are committed everyday in the Egyptian courts from long time ago, in which a Christian or a Jewish can easily change his church or even his Religion to let the Islamic laws be applicable and after the final decision of the court and when everything become stable, they return back to their Religions or Churches and till now the Egyptian Government didn't take any action to preserve the Legal and Judicial Systems . The serious and dangerous phenomenon that threat the national unity in Egypt are widely discussed on the table of jurists, Islamic Scholars and the Pope to reach a fair solution to stop such abuses which threat the country's security.

Everyone predict that Dolly will return back to Catholic Church or even any other Christian Church after achieving Divorce. And the Question now is "Shall the government sacrifice the freedom of changing of Religion to achieve stability of legal system concerning family law?!!!

And what will they do with the fact that application of Religious laws upon their followers is always open the door before the claimants to choose the laws applicable by changing their Religions in the time of the claim to achieve exactly the decision they want?!!!

At the same time, no one will agree to apply secular laws. And if the government just thought to apply secular laws, the Christian and Muslim Egyptians will unite against the government and the revolutions will break down.

Jurists are claiming by the Qur'anic Verses "Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error" , "Why do they (Christians and Jews) recourse to you (Prophet) to judge between them, while they have the Torah, in it guidance and enlighten" and the Prophet's speech "Leave them to apply their Religious laws". So, they can't either let freedom of changing Religion limited or stop applying Religious laws and open the door of divorce for Christians. This may maintain the legal and judicial systems but will let the Pope and Christians angry and That won't maintain National Unity.
http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.actio ... 4977357281

did she stay in Islam ?
whats your thoughts on this jumping from one religion to get away from another to gain what you want .

Image Image
New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by New Gal »

I didn’t like the way in which this article has been written hence didn’t read it all but to answer your question CB, I don’t ever think that converting to any religion is right until you FULLY research and understand what you are coming into and as for doing it to “get what you want”, in my opinion, that’s one of the worst things to do.

People say life is complicated, its not, people complicate it.

You should, regardless of what you believe or don’t believe in, always do your best to do the right things, be good to each other, be true to yourself, follow the laws of the country you live in and try and smile as much as possible.

Seems simple enough to me :D :roll:
Dignity comes not from control, but from understanding who you are and taking your rightful place in the world.
CocoaButter
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by CocoaButter »

New Gal wrote:I didn’t like the way in which this article has been written hence didn’t read it all but to answer your question CB, I don’t ever think that converting to any religion is right until you FULLY research and understand what you are coming into and as for doing it to “get what you want”, in my opinion, that’s one of the worst things to do.

People say life is complicated, its not, people complicate it.

You should, regardless of what you believe or don’t believe in, always do your best to do the right things, be good to each other, be true to yourself, follow the laws of the country you live in and try and smile as much as possible.

Seems simple enough to me :D :roll:
But to put it plainly it is happening and thats that .No excuse but it is i knew american woman done it so she could marry her egyptian man .
Image Image
New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by New Gal »

I would NEVER pretend to be something I’m not for a bloke :roll: :roll: no way at all.

And when religion is used to justify these things, it makes me sick.

But I also believe that someone shouldn’t be made to feel as though they ought to follow a certain faith in order to be with the one they love.
Dignity comes not from control, but from understanding who you are and taking your rightful place in the world.
Karenh
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Karenh »

I agree NG ~ you must always be true to yourself you should not change anything certainley not as major as your faith as the person you love should accept you for whom you are not who they would like you to be.
Certainley change your faith if you wish but after researching and ensuring it is what you want and can live with.
A day without laughter is a day wasted! :lol: ;)
New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by New Gal »

Karenh wrote:I agree NG ~ you must always be true to yourself you should not change anything certainley not as major as your faith as the person you love should accept you for whom you are not who they would like you to be.
Certainley change your faith if you wish but after researching and ensuring it is what you want and can live with.
Exactly!
CocoaButter
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by CocoaButter »

what i want to know which i cannot find to what me asked for anyone got an update on her as she remained in Islam and got her divorce .I will carry on searching .
Image Image
New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by New Gal »

Don’t know as I hadn’t even heard of her before this