Marina Hairdresser

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy

Semsema

Marina Hairdresser

Post by Semsema »

Hurghadalady - did you visit this place?

We were at the Marina during my grandson's visit and I popped in. One guy was threading a lady's arms whilst the other sat and watched while picking his nose.

I didn't make an appointment!

A day without Sunshine is like a night without Stars.
Hurghada Lady
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Hurghada Lady »

:))) :))) :))) No Semsema, I chickened out. Funnily enough I am going to Marlene in Esplanada at 5pm tonight for colour and cut. I was hoping if I stayed quiet you would try the one at the Marina ;) Looks like crossing that one off the list now then :lol:

Have you been on holiday?
Semsema

Post by Semsema »

Well I had my Grandson and his girlfriend over for 2 weeks, so can't really call it a 'holiday'. I was off work so as you can imagine, it is catch up time.

Perhaps it is an age thing, but both Mr. C and I have found that our appetites are not what they used to be. It came as a bit of a shock just how much they ate.

Has anyone tried the stromboli at Sbarro on Sheraton Road. I can really recommend it. I had the spicy beef and Mr. C had the chicken. I thought their coleslaw was the best I have tasted when eating out.

One thing NOT to go for if out eating, unless your appetite is absolutely massive - the BIG burger at Papa's Bar. Now I don't mean that as a negative comment, only that this thing would have fed 3 people. Even my Grandson got stuck.
Hurghada Lady
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Hurghada Lady »

I know the burger is as big as a 12" plate lol. I have sat and watched people eating them, don't know where they put it :roll:
Karenh
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Karenh »

Mr Karenh ~ oops did I really call him that :lol: say bet it not as b=nice as his burgers! He does surf & turf ones ~ large homemade burger with prawns, seafood sauce, tomatoes, etc they are delicious I must admit but weight watchers dont agree! :lol:
A day without laughter is a day wasted! :lol: ;)
Horus
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Horus »

Karen, you should refer to him as Mr.K :)
Karenh
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Karenh »

Oops I notonly did you say that but he did also!!!! Mr K it is ~maybe it should be Mr V as my name is really Val :)
Horus
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Horus »

No no, it has to be Mr K because we all know you as Karenh :) Same as when I always refer to my wife as Mrs H, even though a lot of people on the forum have met her and know her real name. Mind you in PMs & emails we do often use our real names once you get to know someone a bit better :)
Semsema

Post by Semsema »

Okay give me a clue where I can get one of these surf and turfs.
Karenh
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Karenh »

You can get them in Wales!!!! Infact I hate to say it I had one last night it was really nice ~ Mr K outdid himself!

Image Need to some excersise now to work it off though!!!
Goddess

Post by Goddess »

You think being called Mr Karen is a tragedy, spare a thought for poor Mr Goddess!

Can't believe the guy was sat there picking his nose (not Mr G!) Just be thankful he didn't work in a restaurant - I once saw a waiter do that and nearly vomited in my dinner.
Woo Hoo!!!!! I've got a signature!
Karenh
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Karenh »

Not seen that yet, thank goodness, but I did see ina restuarant in Morocco many moons ago in the village of Asilah, the public ladies toilet fro the restaurant was in the middle go the kitchen ~ no door only three walls around it ~ you could use it and watch them cooking at the same time ~ both my friend and I hot footed it out of there very quickly and that was my first ever holiday oversea infact first time out of Scotland!!!! :lol:
Semsema

Post by Semsema »

Now I am being bitter here Karenh, but I am soooooooo pleased you had a Surf and Turf last night! Jealousy is a terrible thing you know.

Oh well will just have to wait until I go to the UK at Christmas.

Hurghadalady - happy with your hair again? My Grandson's girlfriend cut mine and did my roots for me. Why does grey hair seem to come in faster than other colours?
Hurghada Lady
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Hurghada Lady »

Semsema ...... Don't mention the hair, it's a sore point !!!!!!! :x
Semsema

Post by Semsema »

Why Hurghadalady? What has happened?
Hurghada Lady
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Hurghada Lady »

She got carried away talking to some friends whilst cutting my hair, now it is too short and considering it is a Bob, it is up and down all the way around.........it looks awful. Nothing I can do, I don't want to go back because she will cut it even shorter, so just have to wait for it to grow now :x
Semsema

Post by Semsema »

Was that Marlene? To be honest that is why I stopped going.

They kept asking me WHY I wanted long hair. Because I did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She then persuaded me to have it shaped. The first couple of times it really did look nice, but the last time she cut it, she lopped off the front to above the lobes of my ears which made it look ridiculous considering at the back it was well below my bra strap.

The other thing that used to bug me was they always wanted me to have high/low lights. Everyone who came out of there started looking like clones.

Are you going to try and find somewhere else?

Have you tried the one at the Siva Grand? I know they have Resident rates but don't know much else about them.
Hurghada Lady
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Hurghada Lady »

Yes, it was Marlene, the trouble is she is good if she isn't distracted, but this is the second time someone has ditracted her. The first time I decided to go to Gerda at the end of School Street, that cost me nearly 700le and it wasn't anything special, so I went back to Marlene and she has done it right for the past 3 times and then Thursday some people came in and she was chatting and my hair ended up all higgledy piggeldy.

I have tried Siva and yet again it was nothing at all like I had asked for.

So I am fed up now!!! :x
Susu

Post by Susu »

HL and Semsema - I went to the Siva Grand a couple of times. It was recommended by a Greman friend.
The problem I had was the 2 stylists there were both German, and spoke very little English, neither of them did what I wanted, and my needs are very simple!
I ended up going to the Egyptian woman in the alley by the Roma hotel.... can't remember the name.
She didn't do it any better or worse than the Siva Grand, but it was a lot cheaper , a third the price.
I stuck with her until I left Hurghada.
Semsema

Post by Semsema »

That is the problem, we just can't seem to find anyone who is consistent.

I cut Mr. C's hair and used to do my daughters hair, and although not qualified, really enjoy it.

It is so difficult getting what you want across sometimes and that is why I ended up having to have mine cut up to my shoulders. The sun and sea had ruined the condition. My daughter sent over some of the Aussie conditioner and I must say I think it is superb.

We did have an English girl who used to work from home but she returned to Hurghada. I never used her but a friend of mine did and said she was very good.

Is there no ex pat hairdresser here in Hurghada? I am sure we could all keep her busy.