Going Shopping

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy

Chocolatey

Going Shopping

Post by Chocolatey »

Do you think that shopping on line is better than visiting the store itself..... what do you by online and what do you buy from the store.....

Spike

Post by Spike »

I am very impatient so i like things now which is why i shop instore. However my partner shops online getting all his electrical goods, CD's etc.
Hurghada Lady
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Hurghada Lady »

I would prefer to visit the store but unable to do this so I have to shop everything online and then get people to bring them over and pay the excess baggage ;) It cost me £210.00 excess baggage in May and I had to send most of it back as it didn't fit or wasn't long enough. The items were from stores that I normally shop in so I should know the sizes, but I think most people are cutting back so the quality isn't the same or the fit :x

Another problem, they don't give me enough details when buying online, for example the height of the b****y boots, if I had known they were 5" heels I wouldn't have orderd them :x

I have another 2 pairs coming on December 15th, I hope these will fit!!
Karenh
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Karenh »

I much prefer visiting the shops for the choice although I can get confused easlily and end up buying more! :lol:
A day without laughter is a day wasted! :lol: ;)
Sharm4me

Post by Sharm4me »

Definately in store, I like to see what I'm getting, plus I'm too impatient to wait for delivery.
I'm not afraid of tomorrow cos I've seen yesterday
FABlux

Post by FABlux »

Online for me :) I don't enjoy shopping, it's bad enough in the UK & the hassle in Egypt is even worse :oops: There are 1 or 2 places where I can go & browse without being "invited :roll: " to "just look" Shopkeepers seem to think that if they haven't got what I want I will buy what they have got instead - WRONG :x
Goddess

Post by Goddess »

FABlux wrote:Online for me :) I don't enjoy shopping, it's bad enough in the UK & the hassle in Egypt is even worse :oops: There are 1 or 2 places where I can go & browse without being "invited :roll: " to "just look" Shopkeepers seem to think that if they haven't got what I want I will buy what they have got instead - WRONG :x
Hee Hee! I'm the same!
When I first came here I spotted a lovely skirt in the window of a shop in Mansheya. I plucked up all my courage and went in - and immediately picked up a tail of a salesgirl who stuck to my elbow. Not to be deterred I carried on the hunt for the skirt in the window. Eventually - after what felt like hours, I spotted it. So grabbed it and went off to try it on. Wrestled with the curtain for ages trying to stop bits of flesh from appearing to the shop at large. It fitted fine around my waist - but most have been built for a sturdier hippier lady than myself. At this point the curtain flew open (good job I had something on - even if it was a horrifically fitting skirt!) and the sales girl invited herself into my cunicle for an inspection. After lots of prodding and poking - she came to the conclusion that a different size was needed. Curtain flew open again, and off she shot!
Ages later she burst back in again - with a completely different skirt.

I told her I didn't like the one she had (it had bells, bows and whistles on it - and clashed with my hair and was just awful - even if I planned on working a circus - I still would not have bought this skirt!) She insisted I try it on - so I did - and it looked as dreadful as I feared - but the girl seemed delighted with the fit - and even pronounced in glee "it feets!"

Since then, the thought of having to go into a local shop just freaks me out!
The moral of the story: Don't try anything on in a shop that doesn't have the same skirt in different sizes sitting next to each other on the rail!
Woo Hoo!!!!! I've got a signature!
Mairsy

Post by Mairsy »

You can definitely get good bargains online. I always buy CD's and DVD's from Play.com. Its about half the price of the shops plus the deliver free and it usually arrives in 3 days.

Since moving here I've had to start clothes shopping online. Been lucky so far with sizes but they always look different when they arrive.
Mairsy

Post by Mairsy »

You can definitely get good bargains online. I always buy CD's and DVD's from Play.com. Its about half the price of the shops plus the deliver free and it usually arrives in 3 days.

Since moving here I've had to start clothes shopping online. Been lucky so far with sizes but they always look different when they arrive.
FABlux

Post by FABlux »

Oh Goddess I can just see you in a circus with a skirt with bows, bells & whistles :lol: :lol: