WEATHER REPORT FROM ALGARVE, PORTUGAL.

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy

Jayway
Portugal

Re: WEATHER REPORT FROM ALGARVE, PORTUGAL.

Post by Jayway »

Nearly September, busy time almost over, food dried, frozen, been experimenting with soups, the yuk ones go to the dogs - they love my mistakes :D Arm improving, still cant lift saddle on- huh. Tomatoes looking empty, maybe a couple of plants will last till Xmas. Shortage of carob and olives this year, oh dear :cry: :cry: :cry: Friday night, 26 * at 1 am, slept outside, still warm this morning. It was 36 yesterday at 2 pm. The weather forecasters are such liars.

Jayway
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

Summer is over, temperatures 25/30 now, garden looking happier ! Fig drying continuing, potato in, maybe ready for Xmas. Still picking strawberries thanks to sugar,borax and warm water in dishes, no ant invasion this year. Almonds picked. Next jobs will be hen house clean(mask and a hot day to shower under the outside tap) and log sorting for winter, using motorbike gloves or there will be blood everywhere - arent drugs wonderful -huh.
Jayway
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

Today was a wet miserable day, not cold, just the goddam rain. Lit the logburner to get the humidity down and sat slowly cooking, phew ! Saw it coming, so outside stuff all tucked away, dogs chewing bones in their kennels, hens hiding and making disgusted clucks, they do not like rain. Potatoes in, front and back, new cabbage growing, they like the rain ! Started reading holiday brochures . . haaa haaaa
Jayway
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

HAAA HAAAA clear blue sky again ... puddles on the tracks to splash thro, so girth to wash. Madam rolled after her shower and is now a beige horse. Big ants everywhere, the rain must have woken them up. My feather falcon survived the rain and is still flying happily over the tomato - -
Jayway
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

Monday, lovely day, bit hot, 35 at 2pm .. Having to water the tiny new plants at lunchtime too and the potato evenings, quite like wandering around with the hosepipe - - - picked spinach, tomato, melon and a few figs from the late tree. Had a couple of hours free so lounged on my sunbed and read an Ed McBain book (thin books)with 3 cats purring in my ear . . ummmmm nice life.
Jayway
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

Busy time again, seem to pick up neighbours figs endlessly - - - New lettuce, beet, potato doing well, eating the cabbage leaves, very nice. Hens out wandering again now the carob is picked up. The big rain promised for today was a no-show, just thick clouds. Carpet to lay this week, ready for winter. All bedding washed and packed away, charity bags packed. Arm and foot actually near painless about time too.
LovelyLadyLux

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

We got rain today. Blustery wet cold day - typical fall. Hope we actually do get lots of snow this year up on the mountains so no water problems next year.
Jayway
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

Haaa Haaaaa ,, goddam JUNIOR MEMBERS and foreigners too ! ! ! scribbling on my weather report - - -
Jayway
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

Sunny , too hot to read outside. Black fingers week, clearing all the new weeds around my food. Outside the garden fence is dead weeds and beige earth, Glory does a good job on her tether, flattening it all. Little lake is empty, farmer had the machine in to clean it and dig bigger sinkholes to save the water for the summer - sometimes we get ducks and geese. Dark at 7am now and cold ... brrrrr.
LovelyLadyLux

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Kinda blah here today. Rained last night and today was cool, no sun but no rain either. Definitely can sense FALL is in the air here......

And - on another note in the last 24 hours there were apparently 31 GUESTS on RedSea4U - but not one bloody one of them posting about anything OR commenting on your weather report.
Jayway
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

WELL its not supposed to be commented on , its for me to look back and see when to plant and harvest over the year and see just how much and when it has rained.
Jayway
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

Sunday. Yesterday it rained for 24 hours , the puddles are enormous, had to keep to the tracks today- Out this morning briefly,everything so clean and washed in the streets, dust has gone. Then came large black clouds. Brought some firewood in, just in case it freezes ... haaa haaaa
Jayway
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

Tuesday- proper rain, but, spaces of warm sunshine to read outside in small clothes. The land has taken on a sheen of green, this will be weeds afresh, sore hands and aching back . . . Huge puddles on the track to splash thro, cant ride in the fields, well could , and sink !. . . . soon be pulling beetroot, just finished last years jars.
Jayway
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

Rains stopped, amazing how quickly the weeds sprout, sickening really.HUH. This morning at 9 am, I could see the 2 palm trees outside and not much else, very weird, must have been a cloud as its rare to get fog on this coast. Lit the fire this morning, 18* and 70 humidity. Have plenty of wood picked up over the summer. The cabbage has grown like magic, enough to give everyone green leaves for dinner (animals and me) 11am, waiting for some sunshine - - -
Jayway
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

Sunday Oct 25th, the rain stopped, out with a jumpy horse for 2 hours. Thanks to all the rain, I have new parsley, cohentros, mint, huge cabbage, taller potato, fat lettuce and the grass at the edges of fields is 5 inches high and enjoyed very much !! Light the fire for a couple of hours, thats enough . Glory has one rug on.
Jayway
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

Cannot believe how much the grass has grown, six inches tall on the verges. Have to make snail kebabs, they are cabbage assassins. Picked my last strawberry today, have the runners all settled in pots for next year. Blue sky and flies, very annoying.
Jayway
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

November 1st. All day thunderstorms, never seen so much water, 20 metre river down the bottom ground, lake overflowing. No leaks here touch wood, fire going nicely, everyone sheltering. Albufeira, a lot of flood damage, even the village butcher was innundated ,,,, should be some cheap meat this week. Still raining today.
Jayway
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

Nov 6th THE SUN CAME BACK ! ! !. 29* back in shorts again, with wellies, as the weeds have shot up. Tracks are washed away in many places, needed to turn and find other routes on Glory, the fields are bogs. Black olives in the bucket, soaking for a month, with herbs.
Jayway
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

Thursday. The snails and the caterpillars are driving me to ruin, seem to spend hours bent over murdering them. Sunburn on my back. After a couple of weeks rain I am turning back into a white person - -
Jayway
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

Sat-28-Nov. Sunny days, colder nights, morning temperature around ten. Eating cabbage, cauliflower, runner beans, new potato, lettuce, tomato, spinach and peppers from the garden. Strawberries are white, maybe they will ripen. Peas are in. Hens on strike. 3 large jars of beetroot. Keeping the fire in all night.