WEATHER REPORT FROM ALGARVE, PORTUGAL.

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy

Jayway
Portugal

WEATHER REPORT FROM ALGARVE, PORTUGAL.

Post by Jayway »

JANUARY 9TH 2015. HAPPY NEW YEAR from the sunny Algarve, Portugal. Outside temperature 20*, no wind and still no rain. Pensioners on the beach :sd: and motorbike tourism flourishing - :mb:

Jayway
Portugal

Re: WEATHER REPORT FROM ALGARVE, PORTUGAL.

Post by Jayway »

Jan 15th. It is actually drizzling- :up - first water we have seen for ages. Hooray, maybe my beans and peas :eat will start to flourish instead of just sitting there ! More rain expected tonight.
Jayway
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

20th, rain at last, mostly at night. Everywhere is soggy - bedraggled chicks ! Cosy house thanks to the log fire, humidity in here is steady at 50.
Jayway
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

25TH. Warm and sunny,door and windows open. Have a line full of washing out, half of it is dry already thanks to the midday breeze. Dogs sleeping in the sun, hens way down the field scratching about. I may try cabbage steak recipe from the net, tonight.
Jayway
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

Feb 2nd. Sunny + clouds, need a coat because of the wind. Pulled a barrow load of weeds, admired my baby strawberry plants in the front garden, one has 2 flowers on ! Ate my first new potato .. yummy.
Jayway
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

Sat-7th. Spent the afternoon beach walking, few people, some fishermen and surfers and girls on paddleboards. Sky dotted with small clouds, took some photos, dodged waves and found interesting fossils.
Jayway
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

Sat14th -Grey cloud cover and colder wind, not pleasant. Lettuce cringing in their water bottle greenhouses, me too. Had to go outside to dig a few potato for dinner, adorned with large coat, hood, hat and gloves- this country has turned me into a wimp !
Jayway
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

March 3rd. Lovely sunny day, t-shirt weather out weeding in the garden. Ate my first lettuce, was only a small one. Not many bee about, bit worrying. Onions lasting well even though humidity is high.
Jayway
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

March 10. Clear blue sky, breeze, and back in my shorts and tiny top . . . and having to water the beans and peas as I really need to eat - - - not so funny when the water bill comes. Cant complain, wouldnt want to eat the packaged GMO crap from the supermarkets !
Jayway
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

March 18th. 2 days of actual heavy rain - HOORAY !!! Shorts back in the wardrobe, 2 jumpers and coat and wellies. Garden is nice and squishy, can almost hear the veg growing - :D Ate my first strawberry and then spent most of the day clearing out winter clothes for the Red Cross bins -- ever optimistic the sun will be back soon . . . . . . . .
Jayway
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

23rd MARCH - - HOORAY the sun returned,after a lot of rainy days. Went out for a couple of hours riding. Had to keep to the tracks, dont like that horrible sinking feeling - my horse has such small feet. A lot of poppies out this morning, wildflowers everywhere suddenly appeared.
Jayway
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

29th March, Sunday. 24* at lunchtime on my outside thermo. Rode my Sunday ride around the village, so many flowers out and plenty of wild oats growing around the trees for Glory to munch. Trees are full of almonds, favas and peas everywhere, portuguese love to grow their own veg. Glory had her shower and went out on her tether, I lounged on my sunbed but toooooo hot . . summer is here .. (maybe)
Jayway
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

April 7. Showers, morning mist, wind. April is always the worst weather, I should be away in the sunshine somewhere else. Big rain expected, back to soggy hens and grumpy horse. Kilos of peas picked, podded and frozen, sore fingers. Long stay tourists will be wishing they chose somewhere else for this month. :td
Jayway
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

April 9th. Last nights thunderstorm was very noisy and of course the TV Sat died. The rain bashed peas and beans down and green carob is everywhere on the ground, Horse went for a walk in between the showers and rolled in the plough, oh happy memories of england . HUH
Jayway
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

April13. Monday is market day in the next village, there will be plenty of people there as its a clear blue sunny day. With all the rain last week the wild oats have shot up, daisies and poppies are in full bloom in the fields and suddenly the fig trees have leaves !
Jayway
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

Sat. 18th April. Few clouds, breeze, line full of blankets and towels that will be back in use tonight. Tomato, onion etc in the ground. Kilos of peas in the freezer. Sunbed has parasol now as my brain was getting cooked. Flowers everywhere, this must be the prettiest time of year. New potato for dinner, ummmmmm - - - -
Jayway
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

Sunday 19th. Sunny day but a sad one. The turkey had killed the old hen by repeatedly violating her. The cat brought home a young hare, same size as the cat and ate it. That was 2 deaths so I made it up to 3, squishing a carraça. :(
Jayway
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

Sunday 26th, clouds and drizzle. The past week has been fine, picking strawberries most days, garden is flourishing, freezer is getting full again with peas and alls well on the farm. As I see 402 have read this topic, I would be interested to know WHO ARE YOU ? ? ? or are you just a Keefy robot looking for bad posts ??? :worry: :ni: :rut:
Jayway
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

Sunday 3rd May. No one here then - - good, my private diary. :D Today is clouds - yuk , yesterday was hot, I was burning out in the garden and two strawberries actually got sunburn (so I ate them) I have noticed this over the years, that weekends are often gloomy days, not for much longer now summer is coming and the hay is ready to cut now.
Jayway
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

Friday 8th May. Cushions on the sunbed, sunshade up, book to hand and drink on the table. Having a couple of lazy days with a pulled muscle. Guilt free as the toms are tied, onions weeded, everything tidied outside, Only 6 pepper plants left, some bug has eaten its way up the row, underground- :xx