HURGHADA DOLPHINS

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy

Jayway
Portugal

HURGHADA DOLPHINS

Post by Jayway »

Hope you have all seen the Hurghada villa swimming pool with the dolphins? They are swimming around in filth and already have eye problems according to the activists. There are videos to see, and a petition to sign, to get this money grabbing idea stopped. Google www.hepta/animal welfare.com :x

Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine »

Jayway your link is not working correctly but on the bright side i know a man who is very active in the preservation of the Redsea and all of its inhabitants so i will alert him to the plight of these poor creatures x
Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine »

Ok i have spoken to my friends in Hurghada and have seen the HEPCA latest reports on this situation and the good news is that HEPCA are onto this and are moving the Dolphins to a proper keeping tank with filters and pumps to ensure good heath for thier wellbeing, they cannot be released into the Redsea as they are Dolphins from Japan and may have contamination so they have to live in thier new home for a period of quarantine for 3 months, during which time the health issues surrounding these lovely creatures will be fully investigated and treated..............so a good result :)
Jayway
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

WELL DONE CHRISTINE:):):) You are a champion:D-- sorry about the link :oops:
CocoaButter
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by CocoaButter »

Alhumdillah ,bless them they dont belong in captivity ,not saying we should not know how they getting on but its nature and i know we have to try and preserve these beautiful animals from exstintion but still its all about making bucks . :x
Image Image
Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine »

Jayway, thanks for the praise but i cant take it, the dolphins were already in the thro's of being moved when i got in touch , so all i did really was see the report and get the report verified,then feed back on here, i have published this story to my FB page asking that maybe what should be done is a petition to lobby the Egyptian Govenment to tighten up the import laws , as obviously no checks after the application to import these creatures were carried out, or they would ahve discovered that the plan was to keep them all in a bloody swimming pool !!
But im glad the response from the complaints was a good one, HEPCA did all of this before i even got onto it :)

@CCB No they should be in one place only in reality.............the ocean :)
There are many chances to see Dolphins in thier own habitat, so why keep them in captivity, but then it could be said of most animals in captivity couldnt it, you are right its a profit making thing :x
CocoaButter
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by CocoaButter »

Christine wrote:Jayway, thanks for the praise but i cant take it, the dolphins were already in the thro's of being moved when i got in touch , so all i did really was see the report and get the report verified,then feed back on here, i have published this story to my FB page asking that maybe what should be done is a petition to lobby the Egyptian Govenment to tighten up the import laws , as obviously no checks after the application to import these creatures were carried out, or they would ahve discovered that the plan was to keep them all in a bloody swimming pool !!
But im glad the response from the complaints was a good one, HEPCA did all of this before i even got onto it :)

@CCB No they should be in one place only in reality.............the ocean :)
There are many chances to see Dolphins in thier own habitat, so why keep them in captivity, but then it could be said of most animals in captivity couldnt it, you are right its a profit making thing :x
thankyou it hurts me that we are more savage than the animals destroy and risk them at our own greed
good luck in your quest girl
Image Image
Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine »

Im back on the case, it seems that the place of safety they were moved to is in fact not a lot better than the original, but im out there tomorrow so i will be in a better position to get more info :)
Jayway
Portugal

Dolphins.

Post by Jayway »

Good luck Christine, hope you actually get to see them and find out what is going to happen. Wait for your news - -thankyou - -
Jayway
Portugal

Dolphins

Post by Jayway »

Now, where is Christine ? ? I hope she isnt spending her time cleaning out dolphin tanks ???? Has anyone heard from her ? ? ?
Netyoda

Post by Netyoda »

She's here in Hurghada - should be online in the next day or so
Jayway
Portugal

Dolphins

Post by Jayway »

Thankyou Netyoda , missing her and now Cocoabutter has gone for a while too . . . . :(
Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine »

Im back now arrived early hours this morning, no i didnt get to see the dolphins but the news is that although not ideal they are now in newer tanks built fir the taskof incubation periods, so hope to hear more soon, also im told the eye infections they had are cleared up ....... we will watch this space :)
Netyoda

Post by Netyoda »

I was in Cacao Bar earlier tonight and there was a "No Tank You" sticker stuck to the back of the toilet door, so I think the message maybe getting around.
Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine »

Good im glad its started is Amgad aware ? :)
Netyoda

Post by Netyoda »

No idea, not seen him for 2 weeks, but I'd guess so
Wellheld

Hepca and dolphins.

Post by Wellheld »

Try this link

More upto date info will be posted soon.

http://us1.campaign-archive.com/?u=96f5 ... 6ef0e88412

there is a petition site, will add when I can get it to open properly.
Jayway
Portugal

Dolphins

Post by Jayway »

Thankyou Wellheld - will be waiting for your next posts - :) :D
Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine »

Thanks Wellheld, ;)
For some further information go to facebook there are several petitions up and running already , also one or more on HEPCA's own site.
If any of you guys are on my own FB friends list check out my home page Lee has very kindly added information for me on that :)
If you are not on my facebook ............WHY NOT ???, Pm me . :)
CocoaButter
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by CocoaButter »

Christine wrote:Thanks Wellheld, ;)
For some further information go to facebook there are several petitions up and running already , also one or more on HEPCA's own site.
If any of you guys are on my own FB friends list check out my home page Lee has very kindly added information for me on that :)
If you are not on my facebook ............WHY NOT ???, Pm me . :)
send me links of the petitions
Image Image