I really do not get some people

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy

Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine »

Good for you cocoa, its nice to have private time isnt it and it can be valuable in so many ways as im sure you know.
Its a shame what you say about the western women, they give the rest of us a bad name, but like i said many posts ago you do sometimes need a thick skin and the ability to ignore or rise above the gossips.
They simply have nothing better to do most of the time honey.
Well i had better get my packing finsished, im off to hurghada early Friday morning, so nite nite i will catch you later xx

CocoaButter
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by CocoaButter »

Christine wrote:Good for you cocoa, its nice to have private time isnt it and it can be valuable in so many ways as im sure you know.
Its a shame what you say about the western women, they give the rest of us a bad name, but like i said many posts ago you do sometimes need a thick skin and the ability to ignore or rise above the gossips.
They simply have nothing better to do most of the time honey.
Well i had better get my packing finsished, im off to hurghada early Friday morning, so nite nite i will catch you later xx
lucky lady i am off there with my girl in easter for diving..safe flight ciao xxxxx
Image Image
Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine »

Shukran xxxx
New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by New Gal »

Hello all, just thought I would put my two pence worth in.

Firstly, thanks SueSue for your kind words.

Secondly, its very simple to me. If you don't like a nation, its people or customs, DON'T LIVE THERE!

I have spent the last 27 years combining two cultures and one religion which all seem to contradict one another and one thing is imperative. You MUST know your own mind and what YOU need, want and desire from your life and if it applies, what you want for your children/siblings, whatever.

Then, what others do or don't do ceases to be your concern. Muslim country or not, people should be free to express themselves and live how they want to within legal remits of course.

Egypt, due to its monuments and history is a big tourist attraction, thats a fact. So that will inevitably open it up to people of different cultures and backgrounnds which isn't a bad thing at all, its just affected by what the tourists may leave behind.

I for one, have experienced hassle etc but its never gotten beyond a line which I deem to be disrespectful or unable for me to handle. I go out alone, I feel safe, period. That does however, have a hell of a lot to do with how I carry myself and act. I can sit and smoke shisha, go out to clubs or visit mosques and monastries, what is important is how ones conduct is and your own conscience. The gigolos do what they do as they find the women to do this with and the women sleep around as thats what they want to do.

I couldn't care a toss really, it happens covertly all over the world so why shout about it when its so blatant?
Dignity comes not from control, but from understanding who you are and taking your rightful place in the world.
New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by New Gal »

Oh! Forgot all about the jealousy thing and you guys wouldn't believe some of the things said to me when people know I am moving, all I can say is that we have an urdu saying about how jealousy makes people ugly and I'm one hell of a good looking lass :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dignity comes not from control, but from understanding who you are and taking your rightful place in the world.
Claire

LOL

Post by Claire »

Like that about jealousy making you ugly but you being good looking!!!!
I think there's some truth in that though cos if you spend all your life miserable and bitter what sort of face are you going to have?A smile looks so much better. Shame about the laughter lines though!!!
I can't stand bitchiness, criticising other people and interfering. Shame other people I know don't feel the same!!! :x
I have been known to moan about some aspects of being in Egypt but I also moan about lots of things here in the UK. I knwo where I would rather be and one day God willing I will be there at least for longer and longer holidays!!!
CocoaButter
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by CocoaButter »

New Gal wrote:Oh! Forgot all about the jealousy thing and you guys wouldn't believe some of the things said to me when people know I am moving, all I can say is that we have an urdu saying about how jealousy makes people ugly and I'm one hell of a good looking lass :lol: :lol: :lol:
And whats that in Urdu
Image Image
New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by New Gal »

CocoaButter wrote:
New Gal wrote:Oh! Forgot all about the jealousy thing and you guys wouldn't believe some of the things said to me when people know I am moving, all I can say is that we have an urdu saying about how jealousy makes people ugly and I'm one hell of a good looking lass :lol: :lol: :lol:
And whats that in Urdu

Very roughly translated, its something like “you with the evil and jealous eyes, may your face be darkened”.

The “darkened” expression is used to mean looking bad, getting ugly etc.
CocoaButter
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by CocoaButter »

New Gal wrote:
CocoaButter wrote:
And whats that in Urdu

Very roughly translated, its something like “you with the evil and jealous eyes, may your face be darkened”.

yes i know that its same for me just wanted to know what it was in Urdu .
Image Image
New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by New Gal »

CocoaButter wrote:
New Gal wrote:
CocoaButter wrote: And whats that in Urdu

Well now, I don't have Urdu script keys here however, in English, "burre nazar waley, tere muh kala".... :lol:
CocoaButter
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by CocoaButter »

New Gal wrote:
CocoaButter wrote:
New Gal wrote:

Well now, I don't have Urdu script keys here however, in English, "burre nazar waley, tere muh kala".... :lol:
so if it was "‘Bhali nazar wale tera muh ujala’">>
Image Image
New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by New Gal »

CocoaButter wrote:
New Gal wrote:
CocoaButter wrote: yes i know that its same for me just wanted to know what it was in Urdu .
Then it would be "you of the kind eyes, may your face shine".

A more apt one would be "achi nazar wale, tera muh noorana" :D
CocoaButter
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by CocoaButter »

CocoaButter wrote:
New Gal wrote:
CocoaButter wrote: yes i know that its same for me just wanted to know what it was in Urdu .
ok got it thankyou
Image Image
New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by New Gal »

Anytime!