PC vs Laptop and the forum

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy

New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

PC vs Laptop and the forum

Post by New Gal »

Well, last night, I got in and logged on to my laptop. Came on here and logged on, read a thread and went I clicked ‘post reply’, it asked me to log in again….

Ok….I did, wrote a post and when I clicked on ‘submit’, I had to log in again!

So I did and my post had disappeared!

But at work now and posted and its been fine. Is this a laptop issue? It better not be dodgy as that was my Hurghada rent money!

All advice greatly appreciated x

Dignity comes not from control, but from understanding who you are and taking your rightful place in the world.
Horus
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Horus »

You more than likely just lost your connection or it was slower, was your laptop on a WiFi connection and your desktop connected directly to a router? Also you will often find that laptops are slower than a good desktop PC. :D
New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by New Gal »

Thanks very much Horus, I was using a dongle to see how that fares against nicking my neighbours wireless connection. It would only be nicking off my brother but still!
Dignity comes not from control, but from understanding who you are and taking your rightful place in the world.
Horus
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Horus »

That would almost certainly explain your connection problem :)
New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by New Gal »

But I was also logged into MSN messenger and that was fine, didn’t log me out at all :?:
Horus
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Horus »

Depending upon your connection it is not unusual to read a few posts, then when you compose a reply and come to submit it, you find that you have lost the site. It happens to me all the time :) a good tip is to periodically use the two little green circular 'Refresh' arrows at the top of the browser page to keep it updated, it is also worth doing a quick copy of your post before you send it, especially if it is a long one.
New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by New Gal »

Yeah I am a big fan of the refresh button, especially useful as sometimes, new posts aren’t highlighted and that’s on a PC!