WEATHER REPORT FROM ALGARVE, PORTUGAL.

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy

Jayway
Portugal

Re: WEATHER REPORT FROM ALGARVE, PORTUGAL.

Post by Jayway » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:22 pm

The winter has arrived, down to 7 in the morning, shower and rain, and started on the huge mound of firewood. The small logburner heats the whole house ( very small cottage) quickly and wet clothes hang drying on the rail - humidity never gets over 60. The Mall was full this Sunday, funny to see how the portuguese change from pretty summer colors to all dull brown and black, then there is the tourist decked out in a plastic mac with baggy shorts, socks in sandals and flashy teeshirts! By midday it was 20 and little wind so the hens emerged to pick at the new grass. Picked a dish of medronho fruit (firewater) tangerines, lemon, avocado, and aubergines to make the dish I liked so much at the Ramses restuarant. Glory had her new shoe made, now her foot has changed to a better shape, taken a year. Alls well on the farm - - ---------

Jayway
Portugal

Re: WEATHER REPORT FROM ALGARVE, PORTUGAL.

Post by Jayway » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:02 am

Dreary mornings this week, brightens up in the afternoon. The land has turned from beige to green after the showers. MY lemon tree, just 4 foot high, has 12 lemons on - looks ridiculously overcrowded ! Few potato and fewer fava have come up, at least the 130 onion setts are looking happy. Planted some of Glorys oats, have a nice 15 by 3 mt strip of green carpet. Lots of winter tourists about, it is a lot cheaper for them to long-stay here and get some sunshine. As this comp is still on XP and the net is annoying with their cookies I dont get to FB often, but have found some nice reading sites, they even bookmark when you nod off ! Temp is usually more than 20 every day so still not using my winter clothes, only for Glory with her rug at night. Went to the mall for bread and butter, the people are acting like a siege is coming, had to wait ages in the queue to get out. HUH.