Courtesy into of new member: Meeeeeeee

A place for new members to tell the forum members a little bit about themselves and their interest in the Red Sea.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy

Wellheld

Post by Wellheld » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:14 pm

Hi Amira and welcome to the Forum.
You write that you do crotchet. Do you sew too? It's just a thought but would you be interested in volunteering to teach some of the orphan children how to crotchet or sew? They have a wonderful newly decorated building in Dahar, furniture, sewing machines etc and now need some adults to help teach the older girls. If you are interested I will PM you the details. There is also a Muslim womens group here, for Muslims and those interested in learning more. You may find some like minded friends there.
Helen.

Amira

Post by Amira » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:02 pm

Wellheld wrote:Hi Amira and welcome to the Forum.
You write that you do crotchet. Do you sew too? It's just a thought but would you be interested in volunteering to teach some of the orphan children how to crotchet or sew? They have a wonderful newly decorated building in Dahar, furniture, sewing machines etc and now need some adults to help teach the older girls. If you are interested I will PM you the details. There is also a Muslim womens group here, for Muslims and those interested in learning more. You may find some like minded friends there.
Helen.

Hello Helen and thanks for your message. My sewing skills are just basically to hem something. I am terrible at measuring and cutting out patterns, but i am able to piece them together then. Same as my crochet, I am self taught with that, and in crochet I mostly tend to do some simple doilies only. But sure I'd like to know a bit more about this, there could maybe be other parts of interest where I might be able to help/volunteer with...

Just drop me an email, Yahoo messenger ID, contact phone number here into my inbox and I will try to get a hold of you soon. Really would love to meet some ppl finally, who are also foreigners, Muslims, and mommies...