Courtesy into of new member: Meeeeeeee

A place for new members to tell the forum members a little bit about themselves and their interest in the Red Sea.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy

Amira

Courtesy into of new member: Meeeeeeee

Post by Amira » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:29 pm

[face=Trebuchet MS]Hello everyone,

I stumbled somehow over this forum site and thought it might be the right place to make new friends and help me to find finally my way around in Hurghada. Therefore, my short intro:

My name is Anja. I am original German, but before coming to Egypt have lived 10 yrs in the USA. I am a converted Muslima, and I am covering up with a scarf according to Islamic guidelines. My 'muslim name' is Amira. I am mother of two sons from a previous marriage in the USA, both boys are living with me here in Hurghada. Currently I am not employed, but despite all the rumors of course hope to find some work somehow. I've been living here now since September 2010, and I am really trying to learn Arabic. So far, unfortunately, with not much success. As with everything anywhere, nothing really is free.

I am hoping to find female friends, German or English speaking but of course also Egyptian females. I like to read romance novels (yeah, I am a dreamer at heart), do crochet and somehow trying to manage life for myself and my family here.

Please, if at any time you like to know more, just drop me a message and I will be glad to exchange ideas, frustrations, joys etc with you.

Hope to find some friends here finally!

Anja Amira[/face]

Karenh
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Karenh » Sun May 01, 2011 6:20 pm

Hi Amira and welcome to the site. Im sure you will find work eventually. I moved to Cairo frm UK in December and start work tomorrow inshallah.....
A day without laughter is a day wasted! :lol: ;)

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by DJKeefy » Sun May 01, 2011 7:07 pm

Welcome to the forum Amira The forums tend to slow down at this time of year, but im sure some members will pop in now and again to read any new posts :)

Amira

Post by Amira » Sun May 01, 2011 7:07 pm

Hi Karen and thanks for the nice welcome. Yes, eventually one day I might find a job, somehow, somewhere...inshaAllah ta'ala...

I am really wishing you all the best with the new work...will you be working in hospitality/tourism?

Amira

Post by Amira » Sun May 01, 2011 7:15 pm

Thank you also, DJKeefy, for your welcome. I hope to meet other members here soon, as I am really missing to have friends....

Jayway
Portugal

HELLO.

Post by Jayway » Mon May 09, 2011 2:32 am

Hello Amira, welcome to the forum, as its a bit slow here this time of year you may find it interesting to go to the Egypt4u and the Luxor4u forums. You can use the same name and password to read a lot of info - good luck . jayway - :)

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: HELLO.

Post by DJKeefy » Mon May 09, 2011 5:57 pm

Jayway wrote:Hello Amira, welcome to the forum, as its a bit slow here this time of year you may find it interesting to go to the Egypt4u and the Luxor4u forums. You can use the same name and password to read a lot of info - good luck . jayway - :)
You have to register with the other sites first though Jayway, all the forums use a different database, but you can register using the same username and password :)

Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine » Tue May 10, 2011 11:29 am

Hello Amira
Welcome to the forum, im sure you will find it a friendly place to be , but as people say its a bit quiet on here right now, that will soon change im sure as the holiday season picks up.
Good luck with the Job hunt :)

Karenh
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Karenh » Wed May 11, 2011 6:29 pm

Hi amira, Im working in a childrens nursery that teaches english but its hard work in this heat and 100 children ha ha.
hope you find work soon
A day without laughter is a day wasted! :lol: ;)

Susue

Post by Susue » Sat May 14, 2011 12:05 am

hi Amira.... welcome to the forum!
As the others have said, it's quiet on here sometimes, but everybody is very nice!
There are a lot of German expat ladies in Hurghada.... I'm sure you'll make friends soon.
Are you married to an Egyptian?
You shouldn't have too much trouble finding a job....German language is still very much in demand in Hurghada.... not only Russians go there!!
Best of luck in your new life,
Sue.

Netyoda

Post by Netyoda » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:00 am

Hi Amira,

It's w while since I've managed to get on here due to work pressures.

Welcome to the forum. Work is easier to get in Hurghada in hotels for females (customer-facing roles), while bar service is the province of the male.

Russian language was always a preferred option for the hotels here, but in Dahar particularly, there are lots of german-speakers. Most of our clients at the beach bar are currently German, Swiss or Belgian.

I'll keep an eye out for vacancies that may suit you, we're always on the lookout for staff ourselves but women working in the bar is not a good thing in egypt.

Amira

Post by Amira » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:48 pm

Netyoda wrote:Hi Amira,

It's w while since I've managed to get on here due to work pressures.

Welcome to the forum. Work is easier to get in Hurghada in hotels for females (customer-facing roles), while bar service is the province of the male.

Russian language was always a preferred option for the hotels here, but in Dahar particularly, there are lots of german-speakers. Most of our clients at the beach bar are currently German, Swiss or Belgian.

I'll keep an eye out for vacancies that may suit you, we're always on the lookout for staff ourselves but women working in the bar is not a good thing in egypt.
Thank you so much, that is really appreciated. I think my major issue is that I am actually a Muslim woman who wears a head scarf! The hospitality industry seems to have a huge issue with that, unforunately. But definitely would be thankful for any referral or vacancies you might come across!

Amira

Post by Amira » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:50 pm

Susue wrote:hi Amira.... welcome to the forum!
As the others have said, it's quiet on here sometimes, but everybody is very nice!
There are a lot of German expat ladies in Hurghada.... I'm sure you'll make friends soon.
Are you married to an Egyptian?
You shouldn't have too much trouble finding a job....German language is still very much in demand in Hurghada.... not only Russians go there!!
Best of luck in your new life,
Sue.
Hello Sue,

Thanks for your kind response. I am currently going through a divorce from my US husband and therefore can not legally yet marry my Egyptian DH. So far I didn't make any friends, as I am mostly just staying at home, not knowing where the other 'muslim' foreigners usually hang out here in Hurghada. I am living in Dahar, in the Stop Shop area, if that rings a bell to anyone out there....

Anja Amira

Netyoda

Post by Netyoda » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:28 pm

Hi again,

yes I know Stop Shop street, but if you have a muslim habibi then I'm guessing we're never destined to meet.

I hope you enjoy your life here.

Lee.

Amira

Post by Amira » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:23 pm

Netyoda wrote:Hi again,

yes I know Stop Shop street, but if you have a muslim habibi then I'm guessing we're never destined to meet.

I hope you enjoy your life here.

Lee.
Poor Lee,

Don't tell me you were already getting your hopes up, hon? ;) Why you say so? Are you such a bad person that all Muslim men are making a big way around you??? lol.... just pulling your leg, dear....keep smiling!

Netyoda

Post by Netyoda » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:01 pm

lol not at all amira, but most of the Egyptian men I know, close friends included, are so jealous of "their women" that they won't even let them talk to another man.

Amira

Post by Amira » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:33 pm

oh....well, i am mostly at home anyway, so I can't even compare to anything of that sort :(

Jayway
Portugal

Meeeeee

Post by Jayway » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:49 am

Hello Amira. I expect you will be very very bored with staying in soon, your life will be so different now with no freedom. I cannot imagine living like this, having been used to European ways - Freedom for me is the most important issue in my life, no one will ever order me around - - Good luck to you. - :)

Netyoda

Post by Netyoda » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:10 pm

Same here JayWay,

I started a business out here and that's tying me down too much!

I long to travel again and hopefully will be doing soon.

LC

Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:32 pm

Hi again Amira, some of these posts sound a bit negative, but chin up you will soon learn how to make friends of all cultures, ask youre DH to show you around a bit, enjoy youre good sunny life :)