Egypt v facebook

Egypt has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy

Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Egypt v facebook

Post by Christine »

For those of you on Facebook, you may have difficulty logging on as the Egyptian Government have been blocking Facebook users in an attempt to stop people who took part in Tuesdays Riots getting organised for a second wave, which is said to be taking place on Friday 28th 8)

Hurghada Lady
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Hurghada Lady »

They also blocked Twitter and some mobile phone's. Facebook was back up fairly quickly but Twitter was off most of the day but working again now.
Hurghada Lady
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Hurghada Lady »

Facebook has gone offline again this morning been off now for the past couple of hours, I was in the middle of harvesting my crops on Fronterville :roll:

So at the moment, I have no Showtime OSN and now no Facebook, I am finally rocking in my chair :cry:
Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine »

Most ( but not all ) forms of communcation have now been shut down by the Egyptian Government, as the rioting in Cairo takes hold for the 4th day running.
In brief the news is that the police are now being over run by litterally thousands of protestors heading into Tahir Square, Ocotber 6th bridge has also fallen to the protesting hoards that are flwoing across it.

Violent clashes have taken place this morning in Alexandria, and its been reported that more peacefull protests are taking place to day in Hurghada .
Netyoda

Post by Netyoda »

All internet and telecomms were down this morning, mobile to mobile is down within Egypt
Susue

Post by Susue »

Just spoke to my friends in Egypt..... they're having a party!!! :lol:
Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine »

Banks, trains and stock exchange all closed down today, road blocks have been set up going into Sharm as rumours sread that Hosni Mubarak is staying in his villa there 8)