Eid - al - Adhaa 2009

Egypt has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy

New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Eid - al - Adhaa 2009

Post by New Gal »

This falls next Friday 27th November or Saturday 28th November.

We don't sacrifice animals personally as you should and usually just buy the meat ready cut up and bag up for friends, family, neighbours etc.

We basically use the day as a celebration by having friends and family over to our house, we also go over to their homes, masses of food is cooked by muggins here and children are given cash and gifts.

Everyone wears new clothes that have been bought just for the occassion and theres a lot of merriment except when its raining or snowing and your fab new outfit gets covered up with a winter coat, gloves and scarf :lol:

How is the day celebrated in Egypt?

Dignity comes not from control, but from understanding who you are and taking your rightful place in the world.
CocoaButter
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by CocoaButter »

I will tel you its better than here i wish you well out there and safe journey ,i miss Eid with the family in Egypt i miss the songs we sang the visiting and the dancing ,the fair and also the goodies ,in ours every one comes together and we cook and share jokes and songs and well its all good .
Have a wonderful time next year for Eid .xxxxxxx
Image Image
New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by New Gal »

Hurghada Lady, do you know of any special Eid events in Hurghada?
Dignity comes not from control, but from understanding who you are and taking your rightful place in the world.