PADI Diver Education Programme

Share your experiences, tips and advice of diving and snorkeling in the Red Sea.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy

Spike

PADI Diver Education Programme

Post by Spike »

[shadow=black]PADI Diver Education Programme[/shadow]

Please click for a larger view

Anto100

Post by Anto100 »

hi spike you maybe the best person to get info from, what are the chances of an expat getting work in the boat industry in hurghada, iv got my cox cert and other powerboat rya certs but dont see many expats working on the boats
Spike

Post by Spike »

Tourism is down at the moment with the credit crisis across the world, with this diving has been affected and i know of one big dive company lacking in customers. There may be jobs on a boat but with Egyptian labour so cheap i think you would find it difficult to find the work or not find a salary that you could live from. The knowledge of the reef's and navigation here are vital and they do not use the electronic tools and maps like you would see in England and this comes from many years working in the Hurghada area.
Anto100

Post by Anto100 »

thanx for that spike, the main reason to move is to do more with boats im selling a motorcycle shop in ireland so i'll persivere with trying for the boats maybe working for free to get experience of the area is the way to go