Where and why?

Advice, information and discussion about other parts of Egypt.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy

Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine »

Wellheld welcome on board, thing is its gonna get a bit squashed up front with all this navigation, but Lee wont mind, as long as he has his earplugs he will be fine!! :lol: ;)

Wellheld

Post by Wellheld »

Went to Alex last week, just for the afternoon (I was in Cairo). Can't believe how they've improved the historical sites since I last went. Lots more excavation, proper signs, paths, roped off areas, fabulous. the Library wasn't even started back then,it's amazing now. Finished the afternoon with a cappuchino at Trianon then Alexandria liver from the Taverna before walking back to the train station. Next time I'll stay longer and see the rest of it. Oh and it was pretty clean and shiny in the tourist areas, and we didn't get hassled!!!!!!!!!!! Only 50le on the fast train first class, 2 1/2 hrs, 35le on the one that has 2 stops, 3 hrs.
Netyoda

Post by Netyoda »

Sounds great Wellheld, I'm considering Alex as my next destination if Hurghada gets too cloying for me ...
Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine »

Sounds fabulous Wellheld, ive not been yet but as u know am intending to visit, Lee Dahar wouldnt be the same without you now, your part of the community now so you will just have to be content with a visit :lol: :lol:

Must admit this whole daft idea of a big old group of us going for a visit is really growing on me............................ ;)