Bookworm coming from the UK...

The Literary Corner is a place to discuss your favourite books and authors and to add your own poems and stories.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy

New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Bookworm coming from the UK...

Post by New Gal »

...has heard that books are expensive and hard to get hold of in Hurghada and as I can get through a book a day somedays when I am extremely bored of the rain and the wind, how many books is too many to bring over?

And...does anyone know of any good book shops in Hurghada that you use on a regular basis?

Thank you all xxx

Hurghada Lady
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Hurghada Lady »

English books are difficult to find in Hurghada, the best place to look is in the bars and hotels. I had a bookcase full in my pub unfortunately, they were taken but never swapped or returned so I gave up on it.

I have many, many books at home which you can borrow as long as you are into thrillers :roll:
New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by New Gal »

Hurghada Lady wrote:English books are difficult to find in Hurghada, the best place to look is in the bars and hotels. I had a bookcase full in my pub unfortunately, they were taken but never swapped or returned so I gave up on it.

I have many, many books at home which you can borrow as long as you are into thrillers :roll:
Well aren't you a little lifesaver HL?

x
FABlux

Post by FABlux »

Hurghada sounds like Luxor HL with people swapping books regularly. :) We are lucky that ACE sell second hand books that people have donated & Gerda's Garden has a free swapping library.
BBLUX

Re: Bookworm coming from the UK...

Post by BBLUX »

New Gal wrote:... I can get through a book a day somedays when I am extremely bored of the rain and the wind, how many books is too many to bring over?
So in the Egyptian climate you won't be reading too many books then ;) :lol:

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Re: Bookworm coming from the UK...

Post by New Gal »

BBLUX wrote:
New Gal wrote:... I can get through a book a day somedays when I am extremely bored of the rain and the wind, how many books is too many to bring over?
So in the Egyptian climate you won't be reading too many books then ;) :lol:
Ha ha, what I meant to say was thats how much I read so I can't not bring some of my books cos thats unnatural for me but yeah I get what you meant :oops:
BBLUX

Post by BBLUX »

Having said that it has been heavy overcast grey skies all day here with intermittant drizzly rain so I have spent most of the day reading...when not on the forum or watching the F1GP qualifying :)

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by New Gal »

[quote="BBLUX"]Having said that it has been heavy overcast grey skies all day here with intermittant drizzly rain so I have spent most of the day reading...when not on the forum or watching the F1GP qualifying :)[/quote

What???

And you're in Luxor???
FABlux

Post by FABlux »

Yes we are & it has been a bloody awful day :x that's why I've been on here so much :oops:
New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by New Gal »

FABlux wrote:Yes we are & it has been a bloody awful day :x that's why I've been on here so much :oops:
Man that sucks, big time!

And I am moving for 365 days of sunshine!!!!

I hope it improves soon x
FABlux

Post by FABlux »

So do I!!! It was 48 a week ago & 25 today, no wonder I've got sinus trouble & a sore throat today :cry:
Sunsets like this help to compensate though. Taken from the lounge this evening, hopefully red sky at night shepherds delight applies in Egypt too
Hurghada Lady
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Hurghada Lady »

While I was driving back from Luxor it was raining, it rained later on that night also in Hurghada. The weather has been awful for the past few days really overcast and very windy. Thankfully it's sunny again today with a nice breeze.
New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by New Gal »

FABlux wrote:So do I!!! It was 48 a week ago & 25 today, no wonder I've got sinus trouble & a sore throat today :cry:
Sunsets like this help to compensate though. Taken from the lounge this evening, hopefully red sky at night shepherds delight applies in Egypt too
Can I just say, 'wow' is to small a word!
Ebikatsu

Post by Ebikatsu »

Some for New Gal that we took last week 8)

Goddess

Post by Goddess »

Love the palm tree one Ebikatsu! That looks a lovely place and not many people around - looks like my kind of place! Where is it?
Woo Hoo!!!!! I've got a signature!
Hurghadapat

Post by Hurghadapat »

Ebikatsu how come you ended up living there :?: Lovely photos and not a tourist in sight :roll: BLISS
New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by New Gal »

Ebikatsu wrote:Some for New Gal that we took last week 8)

Aww thank you, the pics are gorgeous! I'm so jealous, its been raining here non stop since Wednesday I think, internet is down on my laptop cos of some lightening we had lastnight (!) so have had to resort to using internet on my mobile which is no fun at all :cry:
Dignity comes not from control, but from understanding who you are and taking your rightful place in the world.