Elizabeth Peters

The Literary Corner is a place to discuss your favourite books and authors and to add your own poems and stories.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy

Karenh
Top Member
Top Member

Elizabeth Peters

Post by Karenh »

I have just started reading Elizabeth Peters series of Amelia Peabody and the first book was great. Heres the review from Amazon:

Elizabeth Peters' unforgettable heroine Amelia Peabody makes her first appearance in this clever mystery. Amelia receives a rather large inheritance and decides to use it for travel. On her way through Rome to Egypt, she meets Evelyn Barton-Forbes, a young woman abandoned by her lover and left with no means of support. Amelia promptly takes Evelyn under her wing, insisting that the young lady accompany her to Egypt, where Amelia plans to indulge her passion for Egyptology. When Evelyn becomes the target of an aborted kidnapping and the focus of a series of suspicious accidents and mysterious visitations, Amelia becomes convinced of a plot to harm her young friend. Like any self-respecting sleuth, Amelia sets out to discover who is behind it

I am now looking forward to reading the next book! Its the first time I have read a whole book in two evenings!

A day without laughter is a day wasted! :lol: ;)