Barabara Erskine

The Literary Corner is a place to discuss your favourite books and authors and to add your own poems and stories.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy

Hurghada Lady
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Barabara Erskine

Post by Hurghada Lady »

I read a book by Barbara Erskine many years ago, Lady Of Hay. I really enjoyed the book, especially with the subject being about reincarnation.

What books have you read and would recommend for others to read?

Karenh
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Karenh »

There's several of Barbara Erskine books written in the same vein and I have enjoyed them all. Its great the way she writes in the present and takes you back to the past! :D
Lisak

Post by Lisak »

I love her books, especailly Whispers In the Sand, especially for Egypt lovers.
Wealth comes like a turtle and goes away like a gazelle. (Arabic proverb)
Hurghada Lady
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Hurghada Lady »

I think I have them all unless she has brought another one out. Will have to check.
Goddess

Post by Goddess »

I've read a few of her books - wasn't the Lady of Hay in a series - took me ages to get my hands on them - but have now donated them all on.
Woo Hoo!!!!! I've got a signature!
Hurghada Lady
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Hurghada Lady »

There is another The Warrior's Princess, Just phoned Choccy to order it.
Hepzibah

Post by Hepzibah »

Lisak wrote:I love her books, especailly Whispers In the Sand, especially for Egypt lovers.
[face=Comic Sans MS]I read Whispers In the Sand just before my first visit to Luxor. It was wonderful lazing on the cruise down the Nile and picturing the scenes from the book. I've never looked at perfume bottles the same way since either.[/face]
Lisak

Post by Lisak »

Hepzibah wrote:
Lisak wrote:I love her books, especailly Whispers In the Sand, especially for Egypt lovers.
[face=Comic Sans MS]I read Whispers In the Sand just before my first visit to Luxor. It was wonderful lazing on the cruise down the Nile and picturing the scenes from the book. I've never looked at perfume bottles the same way since either.[/face]
Hey me too Hepzi. In fact my perfume I took with me was Sun, Moon and Stars and my friend kept thinking of my perfume bottle when she read the book, especially as we had some funny happenings on our trip.
Horus
Top Member
Top Member

Re: Barabara Erskine

Post by Horus »

Hurghada Lady wrote:
I read a book by Barbara Erskine many years ago, Lady Of Hay. I really enjoyed the book, especially with the subject being about rein-Carnation.
How can anyone believe that you come back as a tin of evaporated milk?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Hurghada Lady
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Hurghada Lady »

:))) Horus you're certainly the "cream of the crop"!!
Wellheld

Post by Wellheld »

Everyone living or visiting here shoul read Khul Khaal, can't remember the author. An American/Egyptian woman interviewed 5 Egyptian women aboout their lives and customs, they were mostly poor river/rural folk with to us some very strange ideas and traditions. It's quite revealing. I've seen a copy in the bookstore in Zabargad? Mall on El Hadaba Rd. Midaq Alley by Naguib Mahfouz is in my opinion his best, a concise picture of Cairo life. Published by American University Press, and in Zabargad Mall too. Store opens at 6pm
Hurghada Lady
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Hurghada Lady »

Has anyone read Princess and the other two I can't remember the names of the others think one was Desert Royal maybe, by Jean Sassoon?
Hepzibah

Post by Hepzibah »

Wellheld wrote:Everyone living or visiting here shoul read Khul Khaal,
[face=Comic Sans MS]It got from my 'to read list' to my 'to read pile' and I am pleased to say that I am now reading it. The forward could be a bit off putting to some as it's abnormally long, but reading about the lives of the individual women is very interesting. :) [/face]
Crazycat

Post by Crazycat »

Hurghada Lady wrote:Has anyone read Princess and the other two I can't remember the names of the others think one was Desert Royal maybe, by Jean Sassoon?
yes I've read them a couple of times now, read each one without putting it down......that's what days off are for when it's cold and wet outside :)
crazy by name.....crazy by nature :snig: