Superstitions

There is still great magic in Egypt and the rest of the world. The paranormal, astrology, leylines, rituals, telepathy and ESP interest us all. Discuss the mysterious aspects of life that appeal to your sixth sense here.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy

Hurghada Lady
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Superstitions

Post by Hurghada Lady »

I once heard that people say if you pass a cemetery you must hold your breath, because you will make the dead jealous.

What superstitions do you know?

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Monkeys - if your very bad Allah will change you into a monkey :)

Story goes (in brief) - A girl who was very bad all the time, the mother sent her to bed, the next day when they went up to check on her she had changed into a monkey...

---------------------------------------------------------
Jumping (shock)

I was sat watching a movie with my Egyptian friend when one of the plastic water bottles made a loud cracking noise which made me JUMP, my Egyptian friend pulled the top of my T-Shirt and spit down my chest, which of course i nearly smacked him for. Apparently if you dont do this you will jump all the time even when sleeping :)

---------------------------------------------------------

Snakes

A few years ago i was walking with an Egyptian friend up near Kimo street when a snake moved from one side of the road to the other in front of us, My friend got a big rock and battered it to little pieces, I was yelling at him saying its DEAD, look at it, its in pieces, he told me if a snake sees you it will follow you for the rest of your life, so you have to kill them, I replied and what if i go back to the UK :)
Anyway afterwards we went to Manchier and he was chatting with many of his friends, next minute we was all (big bunch of people) walking back to where the bashed up snake was, and guess what.... they all set fire to it :lol: I kept telling them its DEAD why on earth are you setting fire to it :)

------------------------------------------------------------

Your suppose to be able to get a piece of paper from the Sheik (Emam) dont know if this costs money, but it stops you from weeing on a jinn, of course if you do wee on a jinn it will make him very angry :)
FABlux

Post by FABlux »

Whats the djinn doing down the loo anyway :? :lol: