Full moon

There is still great magic in Egypt and the rest of the world. The paranormal, astrology, leylines, rituals, telepathy and ESP interest us all. Discuss the mysterious aspects of life that appeal to your sixth sense here.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy

Lisak

Full moon

Post by Lisak »

Right, being as no-one has answered on the blue side, I will try over here....
Does anyone know if there are any superstitions, in Egypt, attatched to the full moon?
Or any sayings, or anything really......

Hurghada Lady
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Hurghada Lady »

Hi Lisak,

Badr, is the Arabic word for full moon, but not for moon, only full moon.

So when a mother say's to her daughter "You are like the Badrr" they mean they are very pretty.
Lisak

Post by Lisak »

Thanks, Hurgada Lady

Any more??
Wealth comes like a turtle and goes away like a gazelle. (Arabic proverb)
Goddess

Post by Goddess »

Whoops! Sorry Lisak - was going to ask last night and I forgot! Have written a sticky note and stuck it to the fridge - then Mr G can remind me later when he finds it and wonders what it is! :roll:
Woo Hoo!!!!! I've got a signature!
Lisak

Post by Lisak »

Goddess wrote:Whoops! Sorry Lisak - was going to ask last night and I forgot! Have written a sticky note and stuck it to the fridge - then Mr G can remind me later when he finds it and wonders what it is! :roll:
Thanks Goddess, was feeling rather neglected over on the blue so I thought I'd try over here.
Might bring my post about Sekhmets crown over here too, being as no-one is answering that either.
Must be just me, it has happened when ever I've had a guide, I've asked a question and they have just ignored it....I reckon Its because they don't know how to answer it. :)
Goddess

Post by Goddess »

Goddess rushes off quickly to the other side to have a peep at Sekhmets crown ....
Hurghada Lady
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Hurghada Lady »

Fast on the heels of Goddess!
Lisak

Post by Lisak »

Goddess wrote:Whoops! Sorry Lisak - was going to ask last night and I forgot! Have written a sticky note and stuck it to the fridge - then Mr G can remind me later when he finds it and wonders what it is! :roll:
Prompt to Goddess!!!!
Goddess

Post by Goddess »

Gosh Darn it!

Message taped to fridge worked a treat. Unfortunately I should have taped another one to the compooter to remind me to tell you!

I tried several lines of questioning - and the long and the short is that Mr G knows nowt!

Maybe I was asking the wrong kind of probing questions though - I was trying to explain werewolves etc and didn't seem to be making much progress with that one!