Britain's unwanted girls

The place for all those subjects that are of interest to women but might embarrass men.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy, Horus

New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Britain's unwanted girls

Post by New Gal » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:51 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7121397.stm

This story really upset me :cry: and I thought we as a world were moving on :cry:

Dignity comes not from control, but from understanding who you are and taking your rightful place in the world.

CocoaButter
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by CocoaButter » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:14 pm

It happend here a pakistan man made his wife have 2 abortions cause he was told they was carrying a girl makes u sick but its happend ,A moans world hey ,if no girls were born how the hell we meant to mulitply .
I remember when i was 17 and married had my first child who was of undenticle twin she was a girl the other survived was a boy ,they was more worried of the boy than what happend to the little wee girl ,:(
Image Image

New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by New Gal » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:11 pm

CocoaButter wrote:It happend here a pakistan man made his wife have 2 abortions cause he was told they was carrying a girl makes u sick but its happend ,A moans world hey ,if no girls were born how the hell we meant to mulitply .
I remember when i was 17 and married had my first child who was of undenticle twin she was a girl the other survived was a boy ,they was more worried of the boy than what happend to the little wee girl ,:(
Thats absolutely disgusting and the stupid idiots are too illiterate to know that gender is determined by the bloke!
Dignity comes not from control, but from understanding who you are and taking your rightful place in the world.

CocoaButter
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by CocoaButter » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:54 pm

New Gal wrote:
CocoaButter wrote:It happend here a pakistan man made his wife have 2 abortions cause he was told they was carrying a girl makes u sick but its happend ,A moans world hey ,if no girls were born how the hell we meant to mulitply .
Thats absolutely disgusting and the stupid idiots are too illiterate to know that gender is determined by the bloke!
yup!!!
Image Image

Karenh
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Karenh » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:52 am

New Gal wrote:
CocoaButter wrote:
It happend here a pakistan man made his wife have 2 abortions cause he was told they was carrying a girl makes u sick but its happend ,A moans world hey ,if no girls were born how the hell we meant to mulitply .
I remember when i was 17 and married had my first child who was of undenticle twin she was a girl the other survived was a boy ,they was more worried of the boy than what happend to the little wee girl ,

yup!!!
I agree men like that should have there equipment cut off after all with such an attitude he dosnt deserve the right to even have th opportunity to have children ~ surely the fact that the child was healthy and the mother well what more could anyone ask for ~ or do I have too simplistic way of looking at it?
A day without laughter is a day wasted! :lol: ;)

Claire

So sad

Post by Claire » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:52 pm

When I was pregnant with my children they would n't tell us the sex of the baby for this reason! The legislation has now changed but only 10 years ago it varied from one health trust to another. I queried it at the time and they said it was because we lived in an area with a high proportion of people from ethic minorities who might favour boys over girls!
Have to admit that I was very glad to have had a son first time round as I know my husband would have been encouraging me to keep trying till we got a boy! Phew!

New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by New Gal » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:29 pm

I hate the whole thought process of boys being better with a passion, makes me really angry :x :x

I’ve always been made to feel inadequate and somehow ‘less’ and am determined that my sisters will never be made to feel like that :x :x

CocoaButter
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by CocoaButter » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:30 pm

Karenh wrote:
New Gal wrote:
CocoaButter wrote:
I remember when i was 17 and married had my first child who was of undenticle twin she was a girl the other survived was a boy ,they was more worried of the boy than what happend to the little wee girl ,

yup!!!
I agree men like that should have there equipment cut off after all with such an attitude he dosnt deserve the right to even have th opportunity to have children ~ surely athe fact that the child was healthy and the mother well what more could anyone ask for ~ or do I have too simplistic way of looking at it?
when a woman from pakistan or maybe another country is brought here she really has no clue on anything only to what he says ,and i am talking uneducated women ,the man rules the roost she aint gonna say jack crap beleive me .Sometimes in cultures its a taboo for having so many girls .and the boy is the provider so they need boys .
When many times u marry a man u marry the whole lot come brother inlaws as well they all have a godaman say .
But you and me live in a modern age and no the difference and fortunate can argue the problem over or tell him to f*********** his self . :x
Image Image

CocoaButter
V.I.P
V.I.P

Re: So sad

Post by CocoaButter » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:32 pm

Claire wrote:When I was pregnant with my children they would n't tell us the sex of the baby for this reason! The legislation has now changed but only 10 years ago it varied from one health trust to another. I queried it at the time and they said it was because we lived in an area with a high proportion of people from ethic minorities who might favour boys over girls!
Have to admit that I was very glad to have had a son first time round as I know my husband would have been encouraging me to keep trying till we got a boy! Phew!
lucky i wish i could have more .But not now .
Image Image

New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by New Gal » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:38 am

CocoaButter wrote:
Karenh wrote:
New Gal wrote:
CocoaButter wrote:

yup!!!
I agree men like that should have there equipment cut off after all with such an attitude he dosnt deserve the right to even have th opportunity to have children ~ surely athe fact that the child was healthy and the mother well what more could anyone ask for ~ or do I have too simplistic way of looking at it?
when a woman from pakistan or maybe another country is brought here she really has no clue on anything only to what he says ,and i am talking uneducated women ,the man rules the roost she aint gonna say jack crap beleive me .Sometimes in cultures its a taboo for having so many girls .and the boy is the provider so they need boys .
When many times u marry a man u marry the whole lot come brother inlaws as well they all have a godaman say .
But you and me live in a modern age and no the difference and fortunate can argue the problem over or tell him to f*********** his self . :x
Whilst I agree that education is one key issue here, we must recognise that its not the only one and this problem certainly isn’t specific to only Pakistan :roll: :roll: as Claire has mentioned, she felt pressure and her husband is an Egyptian.

And I also reject this whole notion of men as being the providers, that’s nonsense these days.

This all does however, feed into wider issues of gender bias whether that is in the cases of female foeticide or in the workplace. Theres a lot of inequality all over the place and until women feel strong enough to challenge these notions themselves, society wont ever change :(

CocoaButter
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by CocoaButter » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:03 am

New Gal wrote:
CocoaButter wrote:
Karenh wrote:
Whilst I agree that education is one key issue here, we must recognise that its not the only one and this problem certainly isn’t specific to only Pakistan :roll: :roll: as Claire has mentioned, she felt pressure and her husband is an Egyptian.

And I also reject this whole notion of men as being the providers, that’s nonsense these days.

This all does however, feed into wider issues of gender bias whether that is in the cases of female foeticide or in the workplace. Theres a lot of inequality all over the place and until women feel strong enough to challenge these notions themselves, society wont ever change :(
well some times we wish .
Image Image

New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by New Gal » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:09 am

Wishing really isn't enough, it takes strong and moral women to change any situation, whether that be a family, a community, a work place or society.

Look at middle and upper class India and China. More women are going to university and getting professional jobs thereby using social mobility to climb up several ladders.

They can then go on to choose their own partners should they wish to marry and then they wont treat their own daughters as second class citizens no matter what anyone else may say.

Change should come from within and grow outwards encapsulating as much of the wider society as possible.

Its something I am very passionate about and one of the reasons I feel that I need to move, travel and work abroad as the community I live in is so insular.

CocoaButter
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by CocoaButter » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:15 am

New Gal wrote:Wishing really isn't enough, it takes strong and moral women to change any situation, whether that be a family, a community, a work place or society.

Look at middle and upper class India and China. More women are going to university and getting professional jobs thereby using social mobility to climb up several ladders.

They can then go on to choose their own partners should they wish to marry and then they wont treat their own daughters as second class citizens no matter what anyone else may say.

Change should come from within and grow outwards encapsulating as much of the wider society as possible.

Its something I am very passionate about and one of the reasons I feel that I need to move, travel and work abroad as the community I live in is so insular.
then you are lucky some are not so fortunate maybe you could use how u feel and what u think to an advantage maybe you oculd start a womans group in Egypt i like to think how well you will do and i mean not in with a western society hurghade is made up of them i am on about where most my family live THE SINA i like to see how one will react .
wish u well in your travels .
Image Image

New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by New Gal » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:34 am

I’m definitely not lucky in the way you mean, its been and still is, one long battle after another and even now, the way I have had to construct things to be able to leave home is very complex. But necessary.

The only luck I feel is that the grace of God has always protected me and nurtured me into becoming a confident, able, independent and somewhat bolshy girl :lol: so I can work hard to create good from really bad situations.

Once I actually leavefor Hurghada in January, I will be much more open about my life on this forum as I feel a great respect and affection for MOST of the members here and its only fair that the people that have been such a fantastic support to me despite being strangers know hoe much they have meant to me as its literally been touch and go for a long time and without those few kinds words and gestures one here, I really wouldn’t have been able to rescue myself or my sanity.

I would love to work in the areas you mention, we shall see what the next few months to a year brings.

Thank you for your good wishes, I do appreciate them x

CocoaButter
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by CocoaButter » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:37 am

New Gal wrote:I’m definitely not lucky in the way you mean, its been and still is, one long battle after another and even now, the way I have had to construct things to be able to leave home is very complex. But necessary.

The only luck I feel is that the grace of God has always protected me and nurtured me into becoming a confident, able, independent and somewhat bolshy girl :lol: so I can work hard to create good from really bad situations.

Once I actually leavefor Hurghada in January, I will be much more open about my life on this forum as I feel a great respect and affection for MOST of the members here and its only fair that the people that have been such a fantastic support to me despite being strangers know hoe much they have meant to me as its literally been touch and go for a long time and without those few kinds words and gestures one here, I really wouldn’t have been able to rescue myself or my sanity.

I would love to work in the areas you mention, we shall see what the next few months to a year brings.

Thank you for your good wishes, I do appreciate them x
I’m definitely not lucky in the way you mean
i did not know of this part and from when i read you it dont come across that way ,as i said i wish you well and for the Sina its hard and i am talking north of near Gaza .
anyway i am off to my disccusiion board on FB now cya xxxxxxxxx then off to hospital for my daily dose of morphine .. :( but dont i feel good after wards :mrgreen:
Image Image