New Bar in Dahar

Members can place small adverts here for items they wish to buy or sell. Job offers can be placed here too. Commercial adverts in this section are not allowed and will be removed.
10+ posts are required to post in this section.
Advertise your business on RedSea4u, email us at info@redsea4u.net for more information.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy

Netyoda

New Bar in Dahar

Post by Netyoda »

Yes, here's your chance for letting me know what you want from a bar/restaurant in Hurghada.

I'll be opening the bar next to St. Valentino's on the Corniche in Criadette (the strip with Sand Beach, Three Corners, Geisum etc) and I'm aiming for 60s-90s music, supplementing the hotel menu (great pizzas!) with different specials every day.

HL has already requested a quiz night but that will be dependent on numbers obviously. I'll be having live music and themed nights.

Tentative name for the bar now is Cooper's - boring I know but easy enough ;)

Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine »

So the other name suggestions are all out of the window then?
Coz suggested New Romantics, then i think you had thought Scallywags, then i had suggested Rendevouz , but then i didnt get a reply to that so not sure whether it was liked or not.
As smoking in Egy is becoming a bit of an issue is it an all smoking bar or will smoking be bannished to outside areas :?:
Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine »

One other thing, if the bar has a TV screen which i admit ive not noticed, it would be nice NOT to have that in the main area as many do, its a converstaion killer at the best of times, and for music lovers if there are sports programmes on you tend to loose any music in favour of sport.
Is there a small area for a boogie one wonders that might be nice, it popular.
Cozdragon

Post by Cozdragon »

Lights, a glitter ball, a dance floor, decent music, vodka, someone to dance with and a smooth chested unbuttoned shirted bar man....;)

Fussy?? Me??? I think not!

Cx
Netyoda

Post by Netyoda »

There will be TVs as sports is big out here with the tourists

There will be a dance area :D

Smoking a problem in Egypt? Not that I've noticed! If I made an area nonsmoking there'd be no business ;)

And it looks like it's just going to be called Valentinos Bar and Restaurant

As there's a bloody big frontage saying Valentinos out front it'll make it easier to find.
Cozdragon

Post by Cozdragon »

what about the smooth bare chested bar man tho?
Cx
Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine »

Im aware that sport is big in Egy Lee, it has been for years which is why its a tad boring that most bars pander to it so much.
And as for the smoking issues, yes they are banning smoking in public places in Alexandria and Cairo in a lot of places already and the law is changing quite soon to restrict smoking all over the place, thats why i asked, its been discussed at great length on many egyptian forums and is or should i say was making headlines in Al jezeera, quite recently. :)
And as for the name i could have sworn i saw a couple of discussions yesterday about what to call it, so thats the reason for my answer to that 8)
Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine »

Some-one a little hairy is fine with me, but he has to be tallish and darkish and his biceps need to be a tad well developed ;)
Cozdragon

Post by Cozdragon »

Just as well there are tables outside then...it will be just like smoking in the UK...just in 40 degress, wiithout the wind rain and snow!

Is it wrong that I quite like the sound of Chrstine's barman's well developed biceps?????? Is it too late to request that mine likes huge tom boys with red hair too?

Cx
Netyoda

Post by Netyoda »

Ooh that's a bugger christine! It's one of the reasons that I love living here - smoking anywhere.

But then again, there's also a law that says they have to wear seatbelts, drive with lights at night and wear helmets on motorcycles - don't see much of that happening ;)

Yep the sports will mainly be on 5pm saturday evenings, I'll be catering mainly for the English premiership which I know you don't like, but I need to being the people in - we'll see how it goes. Evenings are strictly for boogying ;)
Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine »

Ah now that sounds fine, the 5pm saturday slot is cool, was worried it would be TV blaring out every evening, and the rest sounds about right.
Unfortunatly the smoking bans are actually being activly enforced, as are the seat belt and helmet wearing so its now becoming quite common place in most cities in Egypt and have been for a while now, so it will finally filter through to Hurghada, we Luxorians thought we were exempt for some reason unknown to anyone , but hey we werent!!
Spot fines all over the bloody show, so now everyone is more wary.
Road safety is getting stricter it will come :)
Cozdragon

Post by Cozdragon »

*Pops head in*

Notices a SERIOUS lack of mention about the hot ar staff that have been requested.....

*Shakes head and leaves sadly*

:cc

Cx
Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine »

Ah dont panic Coz there is plenty of talent all shapes and sizes (and i meant biceps!!) in Egypt, a gal is never lonely for long ;)
Netyoda

Post by Netyoda »

Well after 95% of people I've spoken to have told me not to trust this guy I'll be withdrawing my application to run this bar ...

watch this space.
Cozdragon

Post by Cozdragon »

Christine wrote:Ah dont panic Coz there is plenty of talent all shapes and sizes (and i meant biceps!!) in Egypt, a gal is never lonely for long ;)

LOL....Yeah well, i'll reserve judgement on that...i'm thinking that it might be easier for you than for me. i'm not the sort of person who pulls "talent" of any shape and size.

Cx
Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine »

No and neither am i :!: It was simply a statement of fact :!: and said in the sense of a joke Coz.
Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine »

Subject appears to be mute anyway as it seems there is no bar for any type of barman to be working in so..................
Netyoda

Post by Netyoda »

Well there could be, just not the one that was originally planned ;)
Cozdragon

Post by Cozdragon »

Christine wrote:No and neither am i :!: It was simply a statement of fact :!: and said in the sense of a joke Coz.

I only meant that i'm not the sort of person who would ever get chatted up ever anyway...lack of looks and confidence mean i always end up as the friend. whereas you are confident and lovely and would get chatted up.
Cx
Susue

Post by Susue »

Netyoda wrote:Well after 95% of people I've spoken to have told me not to trust this guy I'll be withdrawing my application to run this bar ...

watch this space.

Wise move, Lee.... too many people in Egypt are just waiting to rip a foreigner off......
Happened to many friends of mine!
If a deal seems to good to be true.... it usually is!