Best Beach?

What is it like to live by the Red Sea? Share your experiences of Hurghada, Sharm el Sheikh, Marsa Alam, El Gouna, Safaga and other parts of the Red Sea.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy

Wellheld

Best Beach?

Post by Wellheld »

I've been going to Old Vic beach but want a change, can anyone recommend some others, suitable for a woman on her own, with food if poss.

Semsema

Post by Semsema »

Zahabia Beach is pretty good. There are two places to eat. It now costs 50 LE each but that includes your towel.

The fish are amazing and it even has it's own reef.
Spike

Post by Spike »

Have not been to this one,

Seems pretty expensive but if the reef is good then who cares.

Where abouts is it?
Semsema

Post by Semsema »

In between the Hospital and the Sunrise Hotel on the coast road to Dahar. Which direction are you coming from and I can perhaps give you better directions.
I love it there, a Blue Spotted Lagoon Ray has it's home there and also an Octopus can be seen sometimes. There are so many different species and colours of fish, it is quite easy to use a whole roll of film in a morning.
Wellheld

Post by Wellheld »

So a good place to learn snorkelling eh? I know hard to believe I've never done it, but I havn't. Will check it out, thanks. Still expensive tho, and I have my own towel, lucky me you say, but mine is as long as the sun lounger, (do you get one of those too?)with a flap at the end to keep it on the mattress (from Aldi).
DollyBlinkinParton

Post by DollyBlinkinParton »

it does sound expensive Wellheld (hehe) but i quite fancy snorkling myself let me know if you fancy going together with Dolly it would be a laugh . Although i'm still none the wiser to where it is :)
Semsema

Post by Semsema »

Sorry but I am absolutely hopeless at giving directions.

If you are coming from Sekalla, go along El Nasr Road. There is a road off to the right - past Metro, White House (furniture shop). A big pink building right on the corner, is where you turn.

Up over the hill. When you reach the bottom the sea is in front of you. Turn right to the very first turning on the left. You have now done a complete u-turn. Just past the Hospital there is an entrance way. You can actually take your car down and park it there.

The other way is to go up Stop Shop Street, turn right, right along, you will first see the public beach - Paradise Beach - on your left. Then the Hotel. As with the instructions above, you either park on the right hand side of the road and walk or go all the way along until you get to the first opening on the left etc.

To answer the question, yes there are tabs on the loungers for holding your towel.
LittleLee

Post by LittleLee »

the same as semsema, or you could try the GEISUM BEACH HOTEL on the same road, little further up... reasonable rates, also have swimming pool.. and lovely coffee shop on the front
Spike

Post by Spike »

I did hear a beach in Sahl Haseesh is brilliant!

It is untouched in a new area of the resort, and in 4 feet of water just by sticking your head under the marine life is extraordinary...

I will find out the location in Sahl and let ya know
Nabil40

Post by Nabil40 »

dreams beach is very good , been there few times and it is really nice , good service and good food as well . entrance is only 30 L.E including the towels .

xxx
Wellheld

Post by Wellheld »

Spike wrote:I did hear a beach in Sahl Haseesh is brilliant!

It is untouched in a new area of the resort, and in 4 feet of water just by sticking your head under the marine life is extraordinary...

I will find out the location in Sahl and let ya know
I fancy untouched!!!! and need to practice snorkelling, I can't get rid of the water without surfacing yet. Dolly you up for it???? Anyone else????:mrgreen: