Baking Soda and Chocolate Chips

Find a selection of household tips and recipes for Egyptian Foods.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy

Jujey

Baking Soda and Chocolate Chips

Post by Jujey »

Salam All,

was wondering if anyone knows where i can find baking soda and chocolate chips here in hurghada. i have been here for over a month, and can not find these items.

thanks

Ebikatsu

Post by Ebikatsu »

I would think that baking soda would be found in a pharmacy and Hersheys Chocolate chips in Cairo! :mrgreen:
Hurghadapat

Post by Hurghadapat »

baking soda ie baking powder you can find in any supermarket choc chips in hurghada :urm: but just buy bar of choc or you can buy cooking chocolate from Abu Ashara and make your own then you get mega size chips. :P :P :P
Always keep your words soft and sweet just in case you have to eat them
Goddess

Post by Goddess »

I used to spend ages hunting for bicarbonate.
Eventually found it in the spice and rice kind of shops where everything is in sacks.

Choc chips is more hit and miss - sometimes they appear in the supermarkets ..... then they vanish for ages. I buy the big lumps of cooking chocolate, melt it down and use a freezer bag to make drops with it from a snipped off corner. It was a bit messy but meant you could have millions of the things for less than 5 LE, and you could also make white choc ones the same way.
Woo Hoo!!!!! I've got a signature!
Jujey

Post by Jujey »

Salam,

Thanks a bunch for ur help!! i will go and see if i can find baking soda at the spice and rice places. as for chocolate chips, i will try and just get blocks of chocolates that u mentioned, and use them. But hopefully spinny's will have chocolate chips. I heard spinny's is opening today (august 6) is this true?????? did anyone go????

take care all.

anyone have any good recipes to share??? i have a ton.