Pots and pans

Find a selection of household tips and recipes for Egyptian Foods.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy

New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Pots and pans

Post by New Gal »

Are they easy and cheap to get out in Hurghada and if not, how many do I bring? x

FABlux

Post by FABlux »

Leave them all behind!

Tefal is common here, as well as local or chinese ones & some really nice stainless steel ones with sandwich bottoms to spread the heat evenly & all reasonably priced.

Only thing I couldn't get in Egypt was a slow cooker so bought that from the UK (in hand luggage!) Even those may be available in Hurghada now :? I use mine more here than in the UK because I don't like leaving a (bottled) gas cooker on unless I'm there to monitor it, it's probably as safe as mains gas but I'm wary :oops:
New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by New Gal »

FABlux wrote:Leave them all behind!

Tefal is common here, as well as local or chinese ones & some really nice stainless steel ones with sandwich bottoms to spread the heat evenly & all reasonably priced.

Only thing I couldn't get in Egypt was a slow cooker so bought that from the UK (in hand luggage!) Even those may be available in Hurghada now :? I use mine more here than in the UK because I don't like leaving a (bottled) gas cooker on unless I'm there to monitor it, it's probably as safe as mains gas but I'm wary :oops:
Oh thats good, thank you FABlux, my boxes are getting heavier by the minute and I am not packing oet up til November! Just getting it sorted in my head as to what I need to bring.

I am going to be wary too, when the landlord dudes have been telling me about this bottle, I can't get my head round it! But then again, I don't plan on doing too much cooking ;-)

Was going to bring crockery, cutlery and glasses etc or would you not recomend that either?
FABlux

Post by FABlux »

Difficult to tell, most flats come with everything you need. May not be exactly your taste but adequate.

I didn't bring very much over at all to start with because we still had the house in the UK but now that its gone I will go through the rest of the stuff in storage next summer, sort out some extra things which I want to keep & get rid of the rest. There is very little you can't get here really, its just a question of working out whether it is cheaper to buy new if necessary or pay shipping costs & unless something is of sentimental value its probably best to buy here.

One other thing, scan your photo's its a hell of a lot lighter than bringing them with you & nicer than throwing them all away ;)
New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by New Gal »

FABlux wrote:Difficult to tell, most flats come with everything you need. May not be exactly your taste but adequate.

I didn't bring very much over at all to start with because we still had the house in the UK but now that its gone I will go through the rest of the stuff in storage next summer, sort out some extra things which I want to keep & get rid of the rest. There is very little you can't get here really, its just a question of working out whether it is cheaper to buy new if necessary or pay shipping costs & unless something is of sentimental value its probably best to buy here.

One other thing, scan your photo's its a hell of a lot lighter than bringing them with you & nicer than throwing them all away ;)
Thats why I need a lady to go and check this falt out and inspect it the way I would! If its cheaper to get it all there, I may sack off the shipping stuff out all together, bring clothes, shoes etc and get the rest there. Dribs and drabs can always be brought to me by family and friends or when I go back.

Bringing all my photos on laptop FABlux, the really old pics will just stay at my parents house which is where I am moving out of so I will still have stuff there.

Thanks again xxx
Hurghada Lady
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Hurghada Lady »

New Gal wrote:
FABlux wrote:Difficult to tell, most flats come with everything you need. May not be exactly your taste but adequate.

Thats why I need a lady to go and check this falt out and inspect it the way I would! If its cheaper to get it all there, I may sack off the shipping stuff out all together, bring clothes, shoes etc and get the rest there. Dribs and drabs can always be brought to me by family and friends or when I go back.

Bringing all my photos on laptop FABlux, the really old pics will just stay at my parents house which is where I am moving out of so I will still have stuff there.

Thanks again xxx
I will take paper and pen and make a list of whats in the flat for you, whatever is missing and you need let me know before you pack it and I can let you know if you can buy it here or not.
New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by New Gal »

Hurghada Lady wrote:
New Gal wrote:

Thanks again xxx
I will take paper and pen and make a list of whats in the flat for you, whatever is missing and you need let me know before you pack it and I can let you know if you can buy it here or not.
You are a life saver, thank you xxx