Colorful Stuffed Sweet Peppers (Filfil rumi mahsi MaAa lon)

Find a selection of household tips and recipes for Egyptian Foods.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy

Spike

Colorful Stuffed Sweet Peppers (Filfil rumi mahsi MaAa lon)

Post by Spike »

[glow=red]Colorful Stuffed Sweet Peppers (Filfil rumi mahsi MaAa lon)[/glow]

[glow=black]Ingredients:[/glow]

3 large sweet peppers, green, yellow, orange or red

2 Tb. unsalted butter

2/3 c. corn kernels off the cob or canned

1 small onion chopped

¾ lb. Italian sausage turkey links, sweet or hot

2 c. crumbled corn bread (approx)

¾ c. shredded pepper jack cheese*

[glow=black]Instructions:[/glow]

Heat over to 350F. Slice peppers in half from stem to bottom and remove stem. Also remove seeds and membranes, and set aside.

Melt butter in skillet. Add onion, corn and sausage, breaking the sausage apart with a spoon or spatula, and cook until the sausage is no longer pink. Add crumbled corn bread and a little water if mixture seems too dry.

Divide filling among peppers evenly and top with shredded cheese. Bake peppers at 350F, covered, for about 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and peppers are tender.

* If pepper jack cheese is unavailable, use shredded mozzarella and add hot peppers to taste.

PRchick

Post by PRchick »

That sounds good and I have all the ingreients except the corn bread. I think I have corn bread mix however. May have to do this tonight.
At a certain age, everyone has baggage. It's just a matter of carrying it with grace.
PRchick

Post by PRchick »

I made these the other day BTW and they were good. I added some celery to make it more like our cornbread dressing and instead of water, I used chicken broth. I used the red bell pepper cause that is my favorite. very tasty.
At a certain age, everyone has baggage. It's just a matter of carrying it with grace.