Egyptian man discovers wife's 6 other husbands in 6 weeks

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Egyptian man discovers wife's 6 other husbands in 6 weeks

Post by DJKeefy »

Police in the Egyptian Red Sea resort city of Hurghada have arrested a local waitress on charges of polygamy, the Almasry Alyoum newspaper reported on Monday.

The 25-year-old waitress was found out by her seventh husband when he discovered marital contracts with six other men dated over the last month and a half.

The woman found her husbands-to-be in a cafe where she was employed. After the weddings, she lost all interest and began her hunt anew for a new husband.

According to police, the woman, who was not identified, married once every six to seven days. Once she remarried, she took all of her belongings to her new husband's home, giving no explanation for her disappearance to her previous husband.

The woman claims she is not to blame and simply became a victim of love and male egoism because all of her husbands were happy with her, even if that family happiness only lasted a week.

Source: RIA Novosti

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Makes a change :lol:
New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by New Gal »

7????? One is too much so 7???? This woman was a glutton for punishment!
Dignity comes not from control, but from understanding who you are and taking your rightful place in the world.
Ebikatsu

Post by Ebikatsu »

:lol: Keefy
Goddess

Post by Goddess »

Lordy! It all happens here, doesn't it!
Woo Hoo!!!!! I've got a signature!
Hurghadapat

Post by Hurghadapat »

Absolutely nothing wrong with being married so don't knock it till you've tried it :D
Always keep your words soft and sweet just in case you have to eat them
New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by New Gal »

Its each to their own Hurghada Pat, after 13 years of CONSTANT marriage talk, you tend to go off the idea somewhat :D
Dignity comes not from control, but from understanding who you are and taking your rightful place in the world.
Hurghadapat

Post by Hurghadapat »

Srange reason not to want to marry but you will soon change your mind when and if you meet the right person ;)
New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by New Gal »

Not really, if you think of a constant stream of suitors and constant clamour for an imminent wedding, pressure to pick a bloke and marry no matter what and being made to feel like marriage is the only pinnacle of worth and success in life, they are perfect reasons to go off the whole idea!

And the right man.... :lol:

But back to the topic, Keefy, where was this lady from cos I'm guessing she wasn't Egyptian?? :D
Jujey

Post by Jujey »

salam,
NG hahhahahaha u are so right about the right man...ehehhehe. There is no right man, b/c men these days have one thing in mind, and that is themselves. It is not like when our parents got married back in the good old days, life now is so different, this is why we see so many divorces.

Did u know that Egypt was rated #1 in the middle east for having the highest rates of divorce??? Jordan was #2 and Saudi was #3.

I know marriage to some ppl seems horrible and scarey, but i am sure once u find someone that is ur match, it becomes more appealing. And the best thing about being married is having the kids.......this is a total gift from Allah. Even when u are in the worst mood, one look at their faces, fills ur heart with happiness.

NG try it, but as I told u before, there are many fish in the sea, so go fishing, but stay away from the red sea, for there are many many sharks....hehehhe.

and someone gave me good advice......marry someone who loves u more than u love them, b/c it is harder for a man to fall inlove than it is a woman. and marry ur best friend, b/c after the heated romance rubs off, u want a good friend, for a good friend will do his best never to hurt u.

ok well back to the original post........so this lady got 7 diamond rings???????? hehehehhe.....gee what a lucky girl.......use and abuse, then throw them out! She must have been a gold digger. This story made me laugh, so is she in jail now?

is there a local hurghada newspaper that i can read online?????

goodnight :roll:
Hurghadapat

Post by Hurghadapat »

Don't think there a one specially for Hurghada Jajey but you can read the Al Ahram which is in English online. :) How's it going so far,are you starting to feel any more settled yet :?: If you send me your e-mail i will foreward to you the Spot Red Sea News Letter will while away some of your time having a look at it. :roll:
Hurghada Lady
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Hurghada Lady »

Here is the link for Spot Red Sea Jujey, you can advertise free in here for a maid :)

http://www.spotredsea.com/
New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by New Gal »

I’m not anti-marriage at all, its just that at the moment, its not for me. Figure I have about 10 years before the ol’ clock starts ticking – if it does at all lol.

My big issue with some men is how they think its fair to sleep around with Western / modern / women who aren’t the same background / whatever other issue but then they go overseas to marry some girl from a village from where their parents are from or they marry a girl from their country that is subservient and belonged to the Stone Ages.

A good wife and mother supports her husband as an equal but which man wants that these days? None of the ones that live in the UK from my background thats for sure! We’re still expected to walk three steps behind, something I’m not prepared or need to do.
Jujey

Post by Jujey »

salam,

thanks HP, I am not a fan of here, but alhamdulilal, i am adjusting, just waiting patiently for my car to get here in about 5 days, then i will be a lot happier, b/c i am tired of taking taxi's. i went to go rent a car, but they are quite expensive, i found one that was 250 LE a day, for a small car, and i need a bigger one to fit my 4 brats in with car seats. so i figure i can spend about 50 LE on a taxi each day instead to take me around where i need to go, i can suffer for another 5 days i think...hehehe. I just need some good friends and inshallah things will be fine, I love to have dinner parties, and i need some gunnie pigs to try out all of my recipes, b/c i love to bake, and need someone else other than my kids and husband's critique on my baking. any takers?????? hehehhe
i will send u my email though when i remember.
oh and thanks HL for the link, but for some reason it is not opening for me.

NG, u are 26, u wanna wait until u are 36 to get married? hehehehehhe. oh i bet ur prince charming will be knocking at ur door very soon, and sweep u off ur feet. they say love comes when u least expect it.
would u marry outside of ur culture, but still muslim? I will tell u from experience, it is easier to marry someone from ur own culture. But i didn't, and it was much harder for me, but alhamdulilal it is working now better.

and u are sooooooo right about men sleeping around with all of these girls, and then when they r serious about getting married, they run off to their homeland and take the most innocent girls. This to me is insane, but it is still happening like crazy. i know b/c it happens in my culture too.

it;s hard to find men that want equality, but there r some that are out there. There is some great guy that is waiting for u, just be smart when deciding on who will be ur life partner. i think the reason why some men don't like equality is b/c they want to feel superior, like they are the king of the castle.

Don;t worry about this life too much anyways, it is so short, and we should be worried about preparing ourselfs for our afterlife, and all strive to get to heaven. Just leave ur life in Allah's hands, and everything will fall perfectly in place.

Oh god, i think i blabbered tooo much, i need to go and make popcorn for the brats, before i keep on typing non-sense...hehehe

anyways take care and have a great night everyone :)
New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by New Gal »

Hi Jujey, hope you’re feeling ok today. Lol, meant that got 10 years before having kids, if at all! Would like to get to know someone for marriage and get married in a few years, maybe 5 but as you say, all these decisions are out of our hands.

I agree that there may be some advantages to marrying someone of a similar background but that does depend on how traditional or willing you are to encompass tradition into your life. I would certainly only marry someone Muslim as I am, contrary to what some think, respectful of and adhere to the religion. The traditions attached to the culture my parents have surrounded me with is very different and contrary to the religion and is often used as a way of circumventing progress and development and that I don’t agree with :x

To be perfectly honest, from all the proposals I have received, I have gotten along the best with men that are not of Pakistani / Kashmiri origin. I have met a Welshmen who converted to Islam who I got along quite well with as well as someone who was British born but whose father was Egyptian and mother was Chinese. I have also gotten along well with someone whose parents were from Kenya and have known someone from Egypt for many years who I also get along with better than the men whose background is more similar to mine.

I don’t know why but you are so right when you state that men want to feel superior to their partner as that’s certainly been my experience when I have met men of a Pakistani / Kashmiri origin. On three occasions, the men who stated that they definitely wanted to marry a female graduate have actually forbidden me to go on to post-graduate studies even though all three were older and studying for PhDs themselves. They did not like the fact that I was up to 10 years younger and at the same stage as them in my professional and academic work :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

That differs from my experience of non British men, they seem to want a woman of an equally intellectual level, makes no difference to me personally, I would marry a bin man who left school at 16 with no GCSEs as long as we had similar morals and he was a good and caring man who loved me for the person I was.

I’m too much of a cynic for all the love nonsense, you can’t live on love like some think and you need a lot more in a marriage. Prince Charming doesn’t exist, Mr Average Joe Bloggs with a heart of gold and broad shoulders is more my type ;)

Oh and as for your baking, get practicing hun, I will be there soon inshallah to sample! x
Jujey

Post by Jujey »

Salam,

When are u coming here NG? I am a bake ahololic!! so don't worry i have lots of things for u to sample!!!

Ok u know what, my background is lebanese, but i was born and raised in canada, and my husband is egyptian, who was born and raised in the middle east, and boy can i tell u, it was haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard and sometimes still hard to get used to his ways. I was raised up in a more laid back kind of lifestyle, where as my husband's was totally different. I think if u are meeting someone of a different culture that was raised up in the UK as u were, it would be much easier.

And seriously marry a bin worker who has nothing is much much better than marrying a man that has all of these qualifications, and money, with a total different outlook on life as u do.

Marry someone with values and morals, with logic, and with reason. Marry someone who fears God, and who comes from a loving family. Look at how he treats his sisters, and u will learn a lot about him from this. But please don't marry a momma's boy, for this will cause so many problems in ur life.

Anyways everything that u will look for in a man, will totally be different once u start living with them, b/c u will never really know a person until u live with them!! This has got to be the truest statement ever!!!!

Living on love??????? hahhahahahahah, no such thing! Be realalistic, love is amazing, but it goes away quickly, it goes from being totally inlove, to a different kind of love, where u care for them, the mushy stuff goes, and only returns here and there throughout the marriage. well at least that is my experience, others may have a different opinion.

talking about converts, u know that most of the converts that i have met are way better muslims than the muslim born ones. I have had friends who have married converts, and mashallah they are so happy, and their husband's /wives are such good ppl. maybe u should search for a convert. hehhehehe.

So do ur parents want u to marry Pakistani? are they very traditional? Do u live with ur parents?

So what do u do when u come here to hurghada? do u own property here?
do u just come to hurghada? or do u go travelling all around egypt?

anyways it's only 10pm, but i am totally exhausted, my kids wore me out today!
anyone want 4 kids? i neeeeeeeed a break!! hehehehe

take care
and NG let me know when u are coming
Goddess

Post by Goddess »

Hello! So this is where we hide all the really interesting topics! Over in the News section!

NG - Just wanted to let you know that I'm fascinated in your life story. Think it's just because it was so different to my upbringing, and this little sneak peek into your life has been quite eye-opening for me, so thank you!
Woo Hoo!!!!! I've got a signature!
New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by New Gal »

Hiya Goddess and Jujey,

Sorry for the late response, been busy what with having a new kitchen fitted which is taking millions of years, birthdays and just life generally lol I haven't been on in a few days.

Also, Keefy, the little crosses don't always show as yellow as in there are new posts, wonder why that is??!

Anyway, Jujey, you would be surprised at how awful the British-Muslim-Men-With-Pakistani-Parents are...I have countless stories, I am NEVER going to marry one of those out of my experiences and out of principle as I would not want my child to have the expereinces I have had and to feel obligated to a culture that is so backwards its untrue.

Goddess, you're very sweet, I'm not much different than most children of immigrants although I have stated it before and will say it again, that I struggle to be friends with people of the same/similar backgrounds to myself as they are so limited in their minds and lives. I don't mean to offend anyone reading this but honestly, the culture is onw where men are on a pedestal once they are barely out of the womb yet the women are treated, in most cases, as beneath most creatures.

Its NOT the religion, not at all, there are just so many stupid and banal traditions that people bring over to the UK with them in an attempt to feel a link with the motherland as I call it that they never assimilate or even accept that new culture that they live in.

The only difference Goddess, is that I refuse to just nod my head and go along with what my family and community dictate. Don't get me wrong, I have tried to fit in and have met men they want me to marry, studied subjects they wanted me to and even work in a profession they approve of but I make changes as and where I can for my sanity and because I want and need, something different to the mobs.

For me, I may have done all that I was told, but I have fought tooth and nail to get the end result that I wanted. For instance, when I was told I couldn't go to university as I would become more educated than most 'Pakistani' (I've used quotations marks as by Pakistani, I mean men that are born to Pakistani parents but are actually British as they were born over here) and because I should be working to save for a wedding and dowry, I worked and went to uni, not once but three times lol.

When I was told I couldn't leave the public sector to go to the private sector as I wanted to because, again, which man would want a wife earning more than him and at a young age, I said, "no matter", stayed in the government job but then went and worked on issues I wanted to as well.

Its been a damn hard slog, these issues were never isolated, there wwas always a milion things to deal with at home too but don't want to go into that. Suffice it to say that I have never been encouraged or applauded when I have done well but even my achievements have been used against me, hence, people, family and community members blaming my degrees and jobs for the lack of a husband.

Thats why, to me, traditions and these life goals some think that a woman should always be striving for are not going to be as imperative as some think. Why should I apologise for being an amalgamation of religion, culture and migration?

Yes I'm Muslim but I like to go out clubbing, doesn't mean I am sleeping around and even if it did, I'll answer for that in my grave, no-one else will. I don't drink but I have tried it and made an informed decision not to drink after that based on religiomn yes, but also on the fact that you need to know on a logical and real life basis, why not to. In my case, it was good money being thrown away to feel disgusting in the morning and that I could get a pair of fab shoes for.

I wouldn't ever live with a bloke, for me, marriage is the only way that would happen, but I have male friends both in the UK and in Egypt (as well as other places I have travelled to) that I have spent the night with and nothing sexual has happened or would have ever happened. We've simply gone out or being travelling or whatever and stayed together.

At the same time, I do go home from work, change into Asian clothes and roll out chappatis when I need to. I can sit and converse in Urdu, Punjabi and Hindi fluently and respectfully to ladies that come and pay their respects to my Gran who lives with us and is somewhat of a local celebrity. But I will speak up and demand to see and be able to speak to any potential husbands that my family bring round every other day. I try and fast when I can but if I have to go and lecture in front of 30 odd people on no coffee, then I wont but I have been praying in classical Arabic since I was 3.

People are multi-faceted and lifes a struggle because of that. If I had got married to a parent's cousin when I was 16, my life would be so much easier as I wouldn't know any better but as it stands, I am a big ol' riddle, one that not even I can figure out.

Thats just me :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

(Got very carried away writing this post, ever so sorry! And I've chipped my pink polish too, not impressed with that!)
New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by New Gal »

Sorry guys, forgot to add, Goddess, you fascinate me, remember you saying you had been in Alex for about 10 years, saw that you were 31, man alive you were brave!

Jujey, I wouldn't ever be able to marry a convert, I only fancy certain converts. Making a stand is one thing but if I took home certain ethnicites, it would be the equivalent of spitting in my Pops face. Couldn't do it. Me refusing to marry for the hell of it is bad enough :roll: