Online sweethearts turn out to be neighbours

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy

Hurghada Lady
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Online sweethearts turn out to be neighbours

Post by Hurghada Lady »

A British couple who met on a dating website turned out to be neighbours who had lived only a few houses apart for 17 years, a report said Wednesday.

Teacher Julie McIlroy began Emailing electrician Allan Donnelly after seeing his picture on a dating website, an increasingly common way of meeting people with the rapid rise of broadband Internet access.
It was only after several weeks of online contact that the 46-year-old phoned him -- and realised they lived seven houses apart on the same street in the Welsh capital Cardiff.

"While we were chatting I said I'd just been to the shop. He said that was the shop he always went to," she told the South Wales Echo. "When he told me he lived in (the same street), I thought it was a wind-up."

"I was stunned... He asked me over for a cup of tea, and that was that," she said, while Donnelly, 53, added: "We've got the perfect compatibility. I'm a very lucky man."

The couple are now planning to marry.

Goddess

Post by Goddess »

Awww Bless!!!

It's quite sad to think that people that live so close though and probably met in the street regularly were unable to communicate with each other - but were able to do it anonymously.
Woo Hoo!!!!! I've got a signature!
Wellheld

Post by Wellheld »

That's about as sociable as I am, and probably why internet dating is so popular, must try it, do you think there is anyone out here for me???????? :mrgreen:
Spike

Post by Spike »

Yeah course there is,

Do you want an Egyptian???

If so that can quite easily be arranged, sorts out the Visa issue too hehe